Chapter Thirty Five

(Abby's POV)

When I woke again I was back in the first room we were in. I couldn't remember anything after we got to the surgery room. I look around and see Jake sitting close to me. He looked like he was sleeping.

"Jake where's my baby?!" I cry. I try to jump up from the bed but pain from stomach makes me lay back down.

Jake jumps up as soon as I yelled. "Abby lay back down. You don't need to be moving a lot right now." He's say as he runs over to me. "I'm going to go get a nurse."

Jake runs out of the room and comes back in with the nurse Casey and Dr. Smith. Why isn't my baby with me?

"Hello Abby. How are you feeling?" Dr. Smith asks.

I completely ignore her question. "Where is my baby?!" I'm crying now. I just want to see my baby.

"Abby calm down. She's just across the hall. We'll bring her in shortly." She says. "We need to make sure you're doing okay first."

"I just want to hold her. I haven't even got to hold my baby yet." I cry. I go to hug Jake. He pulls my hair out of my face.

"Baby just let the doctor check on you first. You're important as well." Jake tells me but I just push him away.

"I'm not worried about me!" I sort of yell. I didn't mean to be so rude. I just lost one of my babies so I at least would like to see and hold my other. He didn't back away, but he didn't say anything else either.

"I'm sorry." I mutter to him.

"No baby. It's okay. But I promise you she is okay." Jake says.

"She?" I ask. The little boy was the one that passed away.

"Yes baby. We have a little girl." Jake rubs my hand gently.

I try to not cry, but it wasn't working. I finally lay back in my bed and look back to the doctor. "Okay let's check on me first then."

"Alright Abby, let me just look at your stomach where we made the incision." The doctor lifts my gown up and looks at the cut they made on my stomach. "I don't think it will scar too bad, so that's always good. I'm going to put some ointment on the incision, it won't burn or anything."

She puts a drop of the ointment onto her finger and rubs it across my stomach. It was actually somewhat soothing.

"So here's what we're going to do. You and the baby will need to stay for about two more days just to make sure everything is okay. But the baby can stay in here with you starting today." Dr. Smith explains.

"Okay." I nod. "I have a question though?"

"Yes?" She asks.

"Would you be able to do a dna test for the baby?" I was nervous to ask, but I have to know whose baby she is.

"Um, yes actually, but may I ask why?"

I bite at my lip. "Well the babies had different fathers. One was Jakes and one  was someone else's. My doctor had told me it's called Superfecundation. I just wanted to know if she was Jakes." I explain.

She's nod and asks no further questions about the situation. "Oh I see. Okay, yes we can do that, we just need to swab Jake and then the baby and send it in." She says. Thank goodness.

I let the breath that I was holding in out. "Thank you so much. For everything."

"You're welcome guys. I will go get her now so you can finally meet your baby girl." She places her hand on mine then gets up and exits the room.

I pull Jake closer to me and hug his waist. "Oh babe, I hope she's yours."

"I know you do, but I'm going to love her either way." He hugs me back.

A few moments later the doctor walks with our baby girl.

"Oh my gosh!" I almost cry. I was so excited to finally meet my baby. She carries her over to me and gently places her into my arms.

"She's premature, but she's a healthy little girl." She smiles down to me. "Oh I almost forgot. I swabbed her cheek, now I just need to swab yours Jake." She walks to Jake and swabs his cheek with a Q-tip. "Alright I'll send this in, it should be back by the time y'all leave."

She exits the room again. I then focus all my attention to my baby.

"Jake she's precious. Just look at her." I say. I lean down and kiss her forehead.

"I know. She's beautiful just like her mother." He reaches out to her hand and she grabs onto his finger. "Look baby look!" He was so excited by her little gesture. I knew right at that moment that Jake was going to be the best father.

"Babe we haven't named her yet." He interrupts my thoughts. I hadn't thought about names too much, but I did have a few ideas.

"Well at first I was thinking Miley and Max?" I know we didn't get to meet our little boy but I still think we should name him.

"That's great babe. I love it." He agrees. "Let me up there with you guys." Jake laughs.

"Okay okay." I laugh as I slid over for Jake to get on the bed with us. The three of us quickly fall asleep together.

The next two days went by fairly quick. It was already hard getting used to being a mother, but it was also  amazing. Jake tried his best to help out, but we're both still learning.

We were getting ready to go home today and I couldn't wait. I'm so ready to take a long long bath. I just feel gross.

Miley and I were waiting on Jake to get back from the house. He had to go get her carrier and a few other things.

I was just laying around with Miley. She just got done eating so now she was asleep.

Jake was back in no time. Guess he can't stay away from his girls long.

"Hey baby I'm back. Here's your change of clothes." He hands them to me. I'm so ready to take this gown off.

I change into the pants and shirt that Jake brought me. Then I tie my hair up.

"She just fell asleep so be careful." I tell Jake. He nods before picking her up and placing her in the carrier. He makes sure she's  buckled in before picking her up.

"I'm ready to take my girls home." He says.

"Your girls are ready to go." I laugh.

"Come on." He laughs. He takes  my hand in his and we walk out of the room together.

As we walk down the hall to the elevator we see Dr. Smith running toward us.

"Hold on guys. I have those dna results. I hope they're what you want them to be. Good luck guys." She hands Jake the envelope.

"Thank you so much." We both say to her.

"You're very welcome. Bye guys." She smiles.

"Well open it." I say to Jake. I was nervous again.

He tears open the envelope and begins to read it.

"Miley is mine! I'm her father!" He screams with excitement.

Well...I believe I'm going to write one more chapter a few years later, then end this book. Also I changed the cover of the book. I like it better. Hope y'all do too! Hope y'all like the chapter!