Chapter 65: Good Times

Pictured above is my drawing of Evie and her friends. I'm not a great artist, but I tried.

Koto's POV

Evie struggles with her keys as she unlocks the door to her dorm room. A girl with curly, black hair hops up from her bed and runs over to her, wrapping my great-great-grandma in a hug, effectively blocking the camera and making lots of scratchy sounds come from the speakers. I watch, enraptured as the two talk.

•°•°•°•

Evie and her roommate, Andrea show their room, before and after decorating, along with a clip of them both sitting at their desks, feasting on pop tarts and milkshakes as they play video games.

•°•°•°•

Evie brings the camera around campus and into the studio where she studies as a film student. A tall guy with bleach blonde hair always steals the camera from her, holding it up in the air, mockingly as she jumps to try and get it back. She always manages to, pushing the other guy aside with a tiny smile. 

"To whoever is watching this mystery movie," the guy says, putting Evie in a loose chokehold, "I assure you, we're actually friends.

She rolls her eyes and pokes his side, making him squirm so she can get free. "Yeah right, you tree."

"Tree?" He gasps over exaggeratedly. "How dare you?!? It's Mr. Tree to you!!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

•°•°•°•

In one of her classes, she places the camera on the desk. There's a bit of whispering before she starts zooming in on the professor at the front of the lecture hall. I hear some snickering from behind the camera which turns into sputtering laughter when the professor finally finishes class. 

•°•°•°•

"So this is Miriam," Evie says, directing the camera at a new girl with light brown hair, a couple eyebrow piercings, and a red beanie. Time seems to have passed a bit because it's now winter, snow falling heavily around them as they walk outside. "She's from Arizona and this is her first blizzard!"

The girl looks around cheerfully even as the wind whips at them and gets snow in her eyes. She slips around on the slushy pathways as they walk back to their dorms, parting ways eventually. Evie adjusts the camera to film over her shoulder and manages to get a shot of her new friend slipping and falling on ice.

•°•°•°•

"Oh dear God," Evie mutters, filming a pack of people as they run out the front doors of her residence hall and dive into the snow, only wearing bathing suits. 

One of them points to her, it's the same guy from her film class that she calls Tree. "Hey E! Put your swimsuit on! We're going for a run!"

"I don't think so, Brian!" She retorts. One of the guys from the group climbs out of the snow with his arms around himself. He has floppy auburn hair, wet from the snow. 

"Yeah, I don't think I can do this either," he says, running for the warmth of the building. 

"Coward!!" The rest of the group yells at him. 

Evie films them having a snowball fight for another few seconds before going back into the building. The redhead is walking barefoot into the elevator, but upon seeing Evie, he holds the door for her. 

"Floor?" He asks, teeth chattering. 

"Sixth," she says, deciding to film the metal door instead of the half naked guy shivering on the other side of the elevator. He clicks the button along with the seventh floor button and they become silent as the elevator rises.