Chapter 94: A Perfect Victory

Koto's POV

The first two rounds leave Class B victorious and Monoma gloating like a child. Not to mention Vlad King was giving completely biased commentary the whole time. However, the third round is more successful, Iida leading the charge (literally) to victory for our class.

I walk to the area for the fourth battle with my team, knowing this battle could make or break the competition. If we win, we tie up the classes. But if we lose...

Descending the platform with both classes, Midnight coos her best wishes our way. She calls me out in particular, exclaiming how well I'll do. I give her a tense smile, but really just want to wave her off. I try to focus on my other classmates' words of encouragement.

As soon as we're out of earshot of the classes, Bakugo starts explaining his strategy. "We have to use their quirks against them. In life, if we know the opponent's quirk, that should be a weapon in our own arsenal. Of course, real weapons work too."

I blink at him, trying to understand what I'm hearing. Is he...lecturing us? With good intentions? I have to swallow and ignore the ever-growing pounding in my chest.

He unclips a few grenades from his hip and tosses them to us. I reach and snatch mine out of the air before they can connect with the ground. I cradle them with gentle hands. "Are you crazy?" I exclaim. "You're lucky we caught them."

On Bakugo's other side-standing farthest away from Shoji, might I add-Pony holds her two bombs close to her stomach. "I can catch fine. I play the...um what's the-softball," she assures me.

Even so, I roll my eyes at Bakugo. "What do we do with these?"

A conspiring grin splits the boy's face as he comes to a halt. Pony, Shoji, and I fan out before him. I notice once again that the blonde has stuck me between her and Shoji, and I have to roll my eyes at her pettiness.

"I've decided!" Bakugo declares with a conniving gleam in his red eyes. "We're gonna win this match with a perfect victory! 4-0 with everyone unscathed! This handicap won't slow us down! That's the only kind of victory there is for the strongest guys out there!"

"Wow, that was almost a compliment," I muse.

"Shuddup Curly. They have plenty of overwhelming quirks, so I'll keep them away and protect you guys as you take them down one by one. As long as we can see them, we have the advantage. Got it?" Bakugo doesn't look at me, but I can't help but feel that it was directed towards me. "Their plan is going to be obvious, but we can counter it..."

He goes on to further explain his strategy, giving a confident grin when he finishes, and marching off towards the center of the area. We have to shake ourselves and follow after him so we don't get too spread out.

"You're joking," Shoji says, jogging to catch up. "There's no way that plan will-"

"Shuddup," the boy snaps, breaking into a run too. Pony and I speed up to keep together. Shoji extends his limbs, and I can sense the girl beside me hanging back.

"He's your teammate, so get over it," I snap at her, grabbing her arm to pull her along.

"Are we sure we should go along with this plan?" Pony asks. "It makes us no better than sidekicks. I can do more than this."

I do consider her words, but end up shaking my head. "He knows more than even I do about their quirks. If he'd share that with us, then maybe we could come up with a strategy together. But as it stands, this sounds like it'll work. We can take them down and prove ourselves."

The girl's brow relaxes, almost like she's about to concede, but Bakugo snaps at us to hurry up.

"You know I'm also surveilling as we run, right?" Shoji asks, limbs still swiveling to all sides.