Chapter 42: Mitsuki's Intuition

Ochaco comes rushing out the doors to meet me, stealing me from Koda to wrap me in a tight embrace. "We passed! WE PASSED!" She cheers, then suddenly becomes very nervous. "But I might've done something stupid."

Koda shuffles ahead of us so as to not eavesdrop as we make our way to Recovery Girl's makeshift office. 

"During our exam…" my short friend trails off, her face rising in a blush. She continues in a hushed whisper, "...I was thinking I should approach the fight as Deku would. We were pretty much cornered and out of ideas. Somehow...I don't know. I guess Aoyama knew what I was thinking and he said I have a crush on Deku. I lost focus and nearly cost us the match." She starts giggling nervously, her entire body shaking. "But that's just crazy, right? I mean...me? Like Deku? That's insane!"

I cut her off with a smirk. "Thou doth protest too much, me thinks," I illuse in a very posh British accent. 

"Nonononononono!!" She insists, accidentally activating her quirk. I grab onto her wrist and drag her down the hallways. 

When we reach the door to Recovery Girl's office, I let her go. "Might wanna get control over that before anyone else sees you."

She squeaks and let's herself drop to the ground, following me in with a red face. 

"Hey Koto," Momo says over her shoulder, then looking back to the fight of Snipe versus Shoji and Hagakure. "That was a very interesting match. Good job."

"Yes, Uraraka translated your strategy to us," Iida pipes up from the front of the room. "It was impressive all around."

I'm distracted when the screens fill with smoke, all three people completely blocked from our view. How are they allowing a teacher to blindly shoot real bullets at his students, I think in horror. 

The smoke eventually clears and we can see Snipe waving frantically while Shoji watches on, an invisible Hagakure holding onto the handcuffs binding our teacher. He seems panicked, but why, I can't be sure. 

"Team Hagakure and Shoji have passed the exam," the announcer says. 

"It's just as I expected," Momo gushes. "Hagakure's the best there is at stealth ops."

"And Shoji had the guts to face Mr. Snipe head on," Midoriya adds, "and be their distraction!"

Okay, I must've been looking at the wrong screen. How could they see any of that through the smoke? Or did they just gather that from the positions the three were in at the end? Seems likely for Momo and Midoriya.

•°•°•°•

At the end of the day, all of us have passed except four; Sato, Eijiro, Mina, and Kaminari. I guess Mineta got through with a passing grade, but it doesn't matter anymore. I'm still in shock from Midoriya and Bakugo's fight. I really hadn't expected them to work together and win, especially after Bakugo bitch slapped the poor boy, but they came up with a good strategy and came out of the fight alive. 

Alive, but barely. They're both carted into the infirmary on gurneys, Bakugo completely unconscious. After changing back into my UA uniform, I head there, leaving my other classmates behind. 

"Is your ear bugging you, dear?" Recovery Girl asks. I shake my head. 

"No," I illuse, looking to the ash blonde on one of the hospital beds. "It's that idiot over there."

She lets out a "hmph," narrowing her eyes at him. "His quirk is very self destructive. Even after my healing, his muscles won't stop twitching."

I had noticed this during the fight. Since his gauntlets got destroyed, his arms were susceptible to much worse damage. Damage akin to that he had suffered in the Sports Festival.