Chapter 44: I-Island

------Author's Note------

Alrighty, folks!

This is the first of a few chapters based on the first BNHA movie, Two Heroes. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. Koto doesn't participate in any of the plot to the movie, so reading this won't really spoil what happens, but some things will be illuded to.

•°•°•°•

After the UA first semester closing ceremony, Momo invites all us girls to a cafe with her. I notice that headphone girl, Kyoka Jiro, from class 1-B is with us too. Momo presents us with two tickets to the I-Expo pre-opening event. Apparently her parents are too busy to go, so she's allowed to bring two of her friends.

After a heated game of rock, paper, scissors, Ochaco and Kyoka end up winning. I'm not too upset, though. The Fujinos have an extra ticket and this means Ochaco and I won't have to decide who gets it. Of course, they don't have access to the formal reception like Momo's but they still grant us access to the expo. The rest of the girls decide to get the regular tickets to the expo so we can all explore it when it opens to the public.

I meet up with the Fujino 7 the morning of the flight with my duffle bag and carry-on. Their parents were only able to secure 8 tickets and had insisted that they had too much to get done for them to go, so they left Ruri and Sayuri in charge.

The two oldest sit in the front of the family's SUV, I sit in the middle row with Kayda and Reina, and Yasu, Yuta, and Uka are all crammed in the back row. The ride to the airport is thankfully uneventful, Ruri being one of the safest drivers I have ever met.

Recognizing that the airport is often crazy, we get there 2 hours before our flight to get through security and find our gate in the massive terminal. Ochaco, Momo, and Kyoka had taken an earlier flight and were already en route to I-Island. Luckily, Mic had bought me the same medication I had used last time I flew, so as the plane pulls out from the gate, I down it, taking a swig of my water.

The plane gets to the front of the line and takes off. I close my eyes and will the medicine to kick in as my stomach lurches and my ears pop. Eventually, my mind calms and I fall asleep.

•°•°•°•

I'm roughly awoken by the twins, each shaking one of my shoulders from behind as the plane touches down.

"We're here!" Yuta exclaims. I wince and put a hand over my ear.

Not the best way to wake up, I have to say.

I rub the fatigue from my eyes and take a few large swigs of water, washing away the taste of sleep in my mouth. The plane pulls into the gate and adjusts the pressure in the cabin, then opens the doors. Sayuri and Kayda have to hold the twins back so they don't push people out of the way in their attempts to get off. They've been dreaming about going to I-Island ever since they heard about it. Even Kayda isn't doing work on her tablet, looking around at the fancy security gate as we get scanned.

After going through the security checkpoint, I run off to the bathroom with Reina to put on my hero costume. Seeing as the island has a zero percent crime rate, I left my katana at home, but I put on all the other pieces of my costume. That's the great thing about the island. As heroes in training, we're allowed to use our quirks and wear our costumes.

We exit the restrooms and quickly locate the rest of Reina's siblings. Ruri is pale and constantly rubbing her temples, no doubt due to the amount of people in our proximity. Her quirk may be very useful, but it comes with the glaring downside that she can't turn it off. She can see everybody in the area's next few actions, so she's surely feeling overwhelmed.