Chapter 79: Lunch and a Movie

Koto's POV

Walking back from principal Nezu's office, I'm fully ready to spend the rest of the day in bed. It's only 10:30 am and I've already been emotionally attacked at all angles. Nezu was cheery like always, but totally condescending. Aizawa kept saying how irrational I was. Mic just made problems worse by trying to defend me and always being out reasoned.

I saw the moment he decided I wasn't worth defending anymore. I remember him looking at me sadly as Aizawa and Nezu recounted all the ways I could be dead, lost, or kidnapped and tortured.

I shake the memories off as I stagger back to the dorms, sweating profusely. This morning when I went to my meeting, I was sure at least somebody would be in the common room that I could convince to go with me. Instead, I found it startlingly quiet.

I push open the door, expecting more excitement than this morning, but instead find the same cold, empty room. I'm thoroughly confused. Where is everyone?

I sigh and go back up to my room, not willing to stand anymore. The moment I get there, my movies call out to me. I quickly set up my projector on my bedside table and point it to face the blank wall across from my bed. The image isn't as clear as I would've liked, but I can't hang the screen by myself, so I go and find a movie.

•°•°•°•

About an hour into Bolt, I hear more knocking coming from my door. Are people finally back?

I pause the movie and shuffle over to the door, my sickness having become worse because of the meeting. I'm shocked to find Bakugo standing there again. This time, he carries a tray with a bowl of soup and a sandwich.

"I-i" I stutter.

"You didn't eat yet," he states rather than asks, though I sense that the statement was open ended. I shake my head and, in response, he pushes through the door, kicking it closed behind him.

"You d-don't have t-t-to stay," I stutter quickly as he goes to place the tray on my bed. His hands slowly place the tray down.

"Wasn't planning on it, Curly," he growls, turning around again to come towards me and the door.

"But you can," I say, moving between him and the door. I sigh as he stops in front of me.

What're you doing here, Bakugo? Do you want something from me or what? Why do you keep coming back?

"I'm wat-t-tching a movie."

He seems to contemplate for a bit. "Are you actually going to eat?" He asks, voice full of disdain.

"P-probablly the soup."

He clenches his jaw as he glares at me.
"I d-don't think I c-can do solids yet," I mumble.

"Well then you better eat that whole bowl of soup," he says, marching back over to the bed.

It's not like Bakugo to find a reason to stay. Something's up with him.

I climb back into the nest I've made and arrange a few pillows to the side for him. Thankfully, my bed is big enough that we can both sit here comfortably without touching. He doesn't need to be asked to climb into the seat I've made, keeping his respectful distance as he snatches the sandwich off the plate.

I press play and take a sip of the dark orange broth. Almost immediately, I can feel the tears spring to my eyes as my mouth seems to catch fire. I breathe heavily through my mouth for a few moments, sweat rolling down my forehead, before taking another sip.

"Having second thoughts about the sandwich?" He asks, sending me an evil grin.

"Know-knowing you, there would b-be h-habenero p-peppers in that t-to," I manage to stumble through my words.