Chapter 54: The Aftermath of Training Camp

------Author's Note------

Hey guys!

This is the first of a series of chapters in Kirishima's point of view. I hope he's not too ooc, I tried to make it sound like him. Without further ado...

I present what I am calling the Memories Arc! It essentially takes place between the Training Camp Arc and the Provisional License Exam Arc, but it's starting here and it's going to include the events at Kamino Ward. Anyways, here we go!!

Kirishima's POV

As the remedial group practices emergency situations with Monoma from Class B, Mandalay all of a sudden sends out an alert that there are villains attacking the camp. And what is it that Aizawa tells us to do?

Stay put.

Don't fight.

Don't go help our friends.

They could be dying for all we know and we have to just sit still?

Eventually, Iida comes back with a group of students. As glad as I am to see them, I can't help but scan the group for Bakugo and Koto. I know he wouldn't stand down from a fight, even if our teacher said to, but I was at least hoping Koto would be safe. All we can do is wait, which sucks, but I don't know what else to do.

If we just ran out into the woods, we could be separated and risk all of our safety. Of course I'd be willing to take that chance because that's what being a hero is all about, but the teachers are here to protect us and we can't be going around, fighting villains willy-nilly. After all, we don't have our provisional licenses yet.

Time passes...

Bakugo's a target...

Aizawa gives the students in the woods permission to fight, but not us...

When the villains retreat and search parties are sent out for everyone still lost, I can't help but think every rustle of leaves in the breeze is one of my friends. Eventually, a large group steps out of the woods, Todoroki carrying a familiar figure on his back. I'd recognize that wild red hair anywhere.

"KOTO!" I yell, running from the building to make sure she's okay, but Uraraka stands in my way, teary eyed. My heart wrenches as her bottom lip trembles. What happened?

"She's been knocked out," she says, defeated.

"Bakugo and I found her near the poison gas," Todoroki says. "She's still breathing, just shallowly. She doesn't appear to be injured at all, though Bakugo said someone attacked her. I didn't see who it was, but he did."

I let out a deep breath and look around for my blonde friend, ready to drag him over to the police to give his report, no matter how much I know he'll protest. When I can't see him, I glance at the people gathered around.

"Well?" I ask, looking at each person individually as they avoid making eye contact with me. "Where is he?!"

Nobody moves for a moment until Tokoyami shakes his head and my heart plummets in my chest. "He was kidnapped by the villains. They came here for him and they took him from under our noses. We couldn't save him, despite how hard we tried."

Midoriya sniffles and sits down on the ground. I only now notice both his arms are broken and in makeshift splints.

Jaw agape, I turn and walk away. Tears spill down my face and plop onto the ground, leaving a trail as I go.

How could they just take him? If Aizawa had let us fight, I could've been there! So what if they couldn't save him? I could've! I know that I could've! If I had just left, sure I would've disobeyed our teacher's orders, but Bakugo could be safe right now!