Chapter 60: American Headquarters

Kirishima's POV

"So this is where we're staying," Yaoyorozu leads us through the tall wooden doors of a giant house. "It's a little smaller than I would've liked, but it was the best I could find on such short notice."

We look around the massive entrance hall as we all take off our shoes. Crystal chandeliers glitter from the ceiling. Polished maple banisters snake down from the second and third floors. I'm positive that Denki and Mina will sneak out here later to slide down them. It won't be difficult to convince me to do the same; it looks fun.

"There's plenty of beds for everyone to have their own, but there are only seven bedrooms, so some people will have to share," Yaoyorozu says, sounding disappointed, but I don't think she has any reason to be. I have no problem sharing. "The boys will all be two to a room on the second floor. Present Mic has the master bedroom on the third floor, and us girls have a suite on the same floor if that's alright."

"That's perfect!" Uraraka chirps. Yaoyorozu smiles happily. 

"This place is insane!" Denki exclaims, running through the house already. 

"Kaminari, we're not here on vacation--" Midoriya starts, only to be cut off by Mic.

"GAME ROOM!!!" He screams from just down the hall. 

Everyone puts down their bags and runs off to explore. Meanwhile, Yaoyorozu's running after them, explaining where everything is. 

I'm about to investigate with the rest of the group when I hear Uraraka sigh behind me. I immediately turn around to see her with a troubled expression, eyebrows furrowed. I notice Bakugo hasn't left to explore either. Instead, he kicks off his shoes and brings his luggage upstairs. 

I place a hand on Uraraka's shoulder. "Don't worry, it's just new for them. We'll get them back on track."

She nods and follows Bakugo up the stairs. I trail behind, listening to the laughter from my classmates echo around the large hallways. Uraraka and I part ways when we reach the second floor, her going up to the top and me following Bakugo down the hallway. 

He chose the furthest room to the right with a view of trees on one side and a pond on the other. His bags are placed at the foot of the furthest bed, so I throw mine on the closest. 

"Nice choice, man," I say, giving him a thumbs up. 

"The hell do you think you're doing?" He asks, eyeing me as I launch myself onto the queen sized bed, sinking into the fluffy covers. 

"Getting used to my bed," I say, hugging a pillow close to my chest. "Yup, I'm used to it."

"GET UP, IDIOT!!" He shouts, jarring me from my peace. "This is my room!"

"You heard Yaoyorozu," I remind him with a cheerful smile. "Everybody's gonna share a room!"

He grumbles to himself and walks out, slamming the door behind him. Well, this is going great already.

Of course he's been different ever since the training camp and sure, he's usually cranky, but now even moreso. Despite this, the best thing I figure I can do is be the strong, dependent friend he can rely on. He took my hand when I reached out once, so I know he's willing. I just need to be there to offer it.

•°•°•°•

Around noon, once everyone is settled, we gather in the dining room for lunch and to sort out a plan. 

"Alrighty, yo!" Present Mic exclaims from the head of the table, Uraraka and I on either side of him, facing each other. "This is headquarters for now. We've got a couple days here to hopefully find Koto, but at the very least, find information as to where she may be. We're all gonna split off into groups to investigate the town. I want at least one group to come with me to Tyson, where she lived with her grandmother. It's a couple towns over, and it'd be a waste not to check. So, Yaoyorozu and Midoriya, you're coming with me to do that. Everyone else, will be spread out across the town to see what you can find out! But you guys gotta remember, we're in America now, so you gotta speak English. Extra credit, ya dig?"