Chapter 19: Days Off - Part 2

To be honest, I'm pretty glad to have the rest of the day to myself. As much as I love my friends, last night took too much out of me. I could use a me day.

I take advantage of the empty dance floor and plug my phone into Mic's speakers. With all the training I've been doing for the Sports Festival, I haven't been able to practice my ballet outside of the studio. I run to my room to throw on my pointe shoes, then head back to the living room. Uncle Mic is working today, so I don't have to worry about distracting him.

My class is performing The Rite of Spring for the spring recital. Our teacher said our summer performance would be Giselle and she would be examining our performance this time around to determine who she wants to play the lead. I need to prove that even though I'm doing hero training, I can keep up with everyone and go even past them.

I just want to be Giselle.

So I review the choreography, slipping into my character and executing each move with accuracy and grace. Halfway through the final song, I hear the Kim Possible text tone come through the speakers, breaking my focus. I gasp as I land a bit crookedly on my left foot, but keep my composure, trying to not show any hesitation as I continue until the end.

I breathe heavily as I grab a glass of water, chugging it and retrieving my phone. I see I have an old text from our resident porcupine.

Bakugo: Whatever, Curly

Enh there's no need to respond. He'd probably get pissed if I did anyway, I think as I open my new text from Kirishima.

Kiri: Hey! I was wondering if you wanna hang out today? We can play video games or something at my house

I sigh, thinking, so much for my me day. I type out a quick response, sitting down and taking off my shoes.

Me: Yeah, sounds fun

Kiri: Coolio!! Here's my address, head on over!

I click on the attached address, pulling up a map. He lives a few towns over, so I'll have to take the train. It's actually the same town as my dance studio.

Should I just head straight from his house to practice? I don't know how long he'll want to hang out, so I might as well bring my stuff. Just in case. I don't want to have to come all the way back here.

I do a once-over of the house, making sure all the food is put away before heading to my room to grab my stuff. I throw my slippers as well as my black practice leotard, a water bottle, a clean towel, and some sweatpants into my dance bag. I glance over at my bookshelves, knowing there are some video games over there I haven't been able to play since I don't have the consoles.

Maybe he will and I can finally see what games GGG used to play, I think with excitement, grabbing a few at random and adding them to my bag.

Me: Kk on my way

I shoot him a quick text as I lace up my black Converse and head out, locking the door behind me. Putting in my headphones, I slip into a peaceful reverie as I walk down the street.

I enter the train station, swiping my card and boarding the correct train. I manage to get a seat, not too many people traveling today. I stare out the window until my stop.

A particularly energetic song comes on as I walk down the street and I can't help the bobbing motion of my head as the beat drops. I look around frantically, trying to see if anyone noticed, but the street of the small town isn't as busy as the city streets I'm used to. Grinning at myself like an idiot, I twirl mid-stride, beginning to dance down the street. The air feels refreshing on my face as I move to the music. Knowing another beat drop is coming, I run forward to the empty intersection where I know I have to turn, leaping high into the air with a split and landing gracefully in the middle of the road as the beat drops. I swing my arms around, spinning to turn down Kirishima's street. I calm my movements to just fancy footwork as I near his house, not wanting him to catch me looking stupid out in public.