Chapter 12: The USJ Attack

The next day, I walk to the school with Uncle Mic yet again. As we approach, I point to a group of news vans parked on the side of the road.

"Word must've gotten out that All Might is teaching here and now the press wants to get a story on it," he says pensively as we walk past them.

A door to one of the vans opens and a reporter jumps out, eyes wide and carrying a microphone.

"Run ahead, Koto. I'll take care of them," my uncle says with a smile. He turns his dazzling smile to the reporter as I heed his words and run to the entrance.

Thankfully, I'm not followed and pass through the main gates unnoticed. They have sensors set in the doorway so that if anybody tries to get through without an ID, the school goes on lockdown.

Good thing I got in before those reporters cause a scene or something. With how many cars there were, it would be a pretty sizable crowd.

I walk to the 1-A classroom and sit down, listening to my music once again and waiting for my classmates. They slowly trickle in, sitting at their desks and talking with friends. Kirishima shoots me a smile as he walks in and I give a small one in response. His eyes widen slightly, but my act makes his grin widen even more.

"Hey there, Yamada!" He says, sitting in his seat in front of mine. I pull out my right headphone to hear him better. "Whatchu listening to?" I open my phone and turn it around for him to look at the screen that shows Piano Man by Billy Joel.

His eyebrows furrow for a moment as he appears to think. "Never heard that one before. You should illuse it sometime for us. Of course if that's okay with you!" He adds hastily. "I sorta caught on that you don't really like all the attention we were giving you yesterday and I'm sorry. I guess I just didn't realize."

"That's okay," I write hastily on my whiteboard before turning it and giving him a reassuring look.

"Okay, cool. So what do you think we're gonna be doing today?" He asks, determination in his voice. He clenches his fist, looking to be ready for any task Aizawa's about to throw at us. I merely shrug in response.

Kirishima's friends, lightning boy and Sero sit down and instantly join in on the conversation. The boy with the golden hair introduces himself as Denki Kaminari.

Is that everyone in class? There's too many names, I think to myself, putting my earphone back in before class starts.

Suddenly, the door opens and our teacher walks in, sluggishly. I hastily turn off my music and put my phone away as he goes over our work from yesterday.

"Decent work on yesterday's combat training, you guys," he says in his tired voice. "I saw the video feeds and went over each team's results. Bakugo," the whole class turns to look at the boy as he continues, "you're talented, so don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay?"

"Yeah, whatever," he grunts in response.

"And Midoriya, I see the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm again." I shiver at the memory of the poor boy's arm. Goosebumps climb my arms as I hear the sound once more from years ago. I rub them shakily as I try to suppress the memory. Iida looks over at my sudden movement, but doesn't comment on it. I keep my eyes trained on our teacher. I can't bear to see the inevitable look of worry in my classmate's eyes. It makes me feel weak.

"Work harder," our teacher continues to the green haired boy. "And don't give me the excuse that you don't have control over your quirk. That line's already getting old. You can't keep breaking your body while training here. But your quirk will be really useful if you can get a handle on it. So show a little urgency, huh?"