Chapter 41: The Practical Exam

------Author's Note------

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHJJDN

I just left this morning to head to college! It'll be a couple day trip, but at least that means I have a lot of time to write from the backseat.

I'm so nervous, but also really excited! I wish those of you who are also heading back to school luck! It won't be an easy year with everything that's going on, but we'll power through it together.

•°•°•°•

The next morning, I wake up early, queasy as usual. After going through my normal routine, I head out to the kitchen. Mic is hastily packing up food, his hair already spiked up into his famous cockatoo-do. 

"What's up?" I sign when he turns my way. 

"OH, HEY THERE!" His voice reverberates around the room. I squint and rub at my ears. Something about his tone is off. "I'm just makin' something to go 'cause I gotta be in early!"

I rest my elbows on the counter and look up at him. His green eyes are flitting around uncomfortably. "What're you hiding?"

"WHAAAAAAAA? ME?! Hiding something? Noooooo." He grabs the food, shoving it into his bag as he runs for the door. "SEE YA SOON!"

Soon? My eyes widen. Aww, crap. 

There had been a rumour going around that we were fighting the robots from the entrance exam. When I brought it up to Mic, his voice got all high pitched and nervous, so I knew that theory wasn't true. 

Why would he say "soon"? That has to mean he's going to see the class. And why would the other teachers be in the class if we were just fighting robots? Are we fighting the teachers? Are we doing one on one battles? Are they setting all of us loose at once? Will it be a capture the flag situation?

As I run through possibilities, I find myself walking towards the training room. I know that Mic's voice can cause severe damage, so I grab a couple pairs of our high quality earplugs just in case. I never want to fight against Mic without them. In the event, the capture the flag method is what they're going with, I don't want Ochaco facing him without them either. 

How many teachers would they include in this? It's not like we're familiar with any of the other teachers' fighting styles. At least I'm not. Midoriya won't have any problem with this.

I pace between the living room and the kitchen a few times, my anxiety building up higher than it has in a while. When I can't stand the knot twisting in my stomach anymore, I grab my backpack and leave, taking the long route to school, seeing as I'm so early. The industrial smell of the city doesn't do much to calm my nerves, but there's not much I can do. 

I eventually climb the hill to UA, knowing that after today, I won't have to worry about any exams and I can just focus on the camping trip. This puts a new fierceness in my stride as I walk to the classroom, grab my costume, and head to the locker rooms. 

After the internships, I asked Mr. Aizawa if I could officially add the katana to my hero costume. He agreed only as long as I don't use it to harm anybody else. Of course, I can do more damage with just my illusing, but I was more thinking about fighting against someone like Sero. His tape is pretty much impossible for me to cut through with sound. The sword is just acting as a precautionary measure. 

I put the earplugs in my coat pocket and sit on the bench, bouncing my leg until the door opens and Momo walks in. 

"Good morning, Koto," she says with a smile. Her face appears calm and impassive, but I don't miss the way her hands are white knuckled, clutching her backpack and costume case.