Chapter 55: The Quirk of Eito Watanabe

Kirishima's POV

The rescue mission was a success, but with severe consequences. It wasn't just some villain who had captured Bakugo, it was the most terrifying villain I've ever seen. We were able to rescue my friend so that All Might wouldn't have to pull his punches when fighting the guy.

We watched with the rest of the world as the number one hero spent the last of his energy and then demanded more. He pushed his body past its limits. We all watched in horror as his body seemed to deflate, his iconic muscled form became scrawny and gangly.

I could feel Bakugo tense bedside me as his favorite hero was beat to a pulp. And yet, like always, All Might found a way to push forward and win. It was as if he could hear the shouts of encouragement from every street in the world as we all cheered him on.

And now, I'm walking with the newly rescued Bakugo down to the police department for him to recount what had happened. He's been silent ever since the TVs turned back to their regular programming and I don't know what to do. He just witnessed All Might nearly lose. I can't imagine what's going on in his head right now.

I keep trying to ask him how he's doing and what happened with the villains, but he doesn't answer me.

"Go home, Shitty Hair," he growls.

"No way, man!" I insist. He just escaped from the League of Villains and he wants me to leave before he's at least safe? "Besides, I have a promise to uphold. You can't get rid of me that easily!"

He merely grumbles in response, but allows me to walk with him anyway.

"Speaking of," I continue. "What happened to Koto?"

He raises an eyebrow at me. "Hah? Didn't Icyhot tell you?"

"He said she was attacked, but he didn't see whoever did it. You were the only one that did. Other than her I guess, but she's not..." I think back to my friend, shaking and screaming on the hospital bed from just the sight of us.

"She's not what?" He snaps at me, kicking a pebble down the sidewalk in front of him.

I try to find the best words. "She's...not cooperating...right now..."

"That fucker," he growls, kicking the small rock hard enough to put a crack in a flower shop's glass door. I lead him away before the owner can come out and yell at us. "He was at that fuckin' movie night. Somebody's boyfriend or whatever. When I found him, he was sitting next to her with his hand on her head."

"What did he do?" I ask quickly, both fear and hope blossoming in my chest.

"How the fuck am I supposed to know?" He snaps, but continues anyway. "There was...this white cloud around her head. When he ran away, it sorta followed his hand. I don't know what the fuck that means or what it did, but that's what I saw."

I wonder what he could've done to make Koto react like that. But I guess it makes sense why she isn't injured. Whatever the guy did, it was obviously something mental. Well at least we know who did it and somebody in that family knows where to find him. Hopefully with that information, they'll be able to capture him and figure out how to fix it.

"It's scary," I say after a moment, "what he did to her."

Bakugo doesn't respond, instead stomping ahead and into the police department.

•°•°•°•

Mr. and Mrs. Bakugo offered to drive me home while picking up their son. Their personalities...shocked me to say the least, but it's clear where their son gets his personality from.