Chapter 23: Meeting the Family

------Author's Note------

Hey guys!

Brief note before the start of this chapter! It just occurred to me that Koto's quirk is technically a made up word, so I figured I should mention that I've been pronouncing "illuse" as "ih-loose." The word stems from the word "illusion," so it's pronounced similarly.

That's all for now, enjoy!

•°•°•°•

Why did hurting him make me feel better?

Because he's done nothing other than hurt me since I've met him. I've given him plenty of opportunities, but he just doesn't know when to stop. 

Or does he?

At the festival...he...he bought me food. And...as much as I hate to admit it, I feel like we have…at least some semblance of understanding between us. 

But we got into that fight the other day. There's no way he would ever listen to an apology. 

Even if I feel bad enough for it to be genuine. 

But...it would be genuine. 

Of course I feel bad.

But at the same time...didn't he sorta deserve it?

Maybe I shouldn't have taken it so far.

I should've just stopped when All Might called time.

But would he have kept on attacking?

Was this self preservation?

It might've been a little past that.

Why is this so difficult?!?

"Young Yamada?" I feel a hand gripping my shoulder and trying to shake me out of my thoughts. 

My vision swims as I look up at the number one hero's concerned face. I faintly register Bakugo snapping at people to get away from him. 

"We're going to the teacher's lounge," All Might says before turning to the rest of the class. "Everyone go back to the locker rooms and change, then head to your classroom. And Kirishima!"

Said boy looks up from Bakugo's side. "Make sure young Bakugo gets to Recovery Girl."

"I CAN GET THERE JUST FINE BY MYSELF," the blonde snaps as he shakily stands and begins to stumble back to the school. 

Kirishima grins and gives our teacher a thumbs up. "Don't worry, sir. He's safe with me!"

"I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP, SHITTY HAIR!!" Bakugo shouts as Kirishima runs to catch up with him. And just in time to catch him before he falls face first into the dirt.

All Might puts a hand on my shoulder and guides me in the building. Yeah, as if I'd run, I think.

He wordlessly brings me to the teacher's lounge. I turn my gaze down to the floor as he opens the door. I can feel almost everyone's eyes on me. 

"Hizashi," All Might calls in a less than jovial tone. My heart clenches at the thought of how disappointed Mic will be. 

I've never really gotten in trouble in school before. I mean sure, there was the whole Kati situation, but with the accident afterwards, there was never an actual punishment, considering I immediately transferred to a new school. But now, there's going to be real consequences. He's going to hate me.