Chapter 93: Class 1-A vs 1-B

Koto's POV

I pull on my new gloves and take a look at myself in the mirror. Today's the day we begin training in our new winter costumes. Admittedly, I didn't change much about mine, just requested thicker fabrics.

My new bodysuit is made of a thicker material that should keep me toasty and warm, and it extends all the way up my neck. My coat probably got the biggest upgrade, extending down to my knees with (faux) fur trim along all the hems. The only true addition are some nice warm gloves.

Ochaco takes me by the hand and pulls me out of the locker rooms to follow the rest of the class to Field Gamma.

"This is exciting!" Toru chirps from ahead of us.

Shoji gives her an apprehensive glance. "Hagakure, aren't you cold?"

"Yup, incredibly!"

"You've got grit..."

Mina hops forward as everyone begins to stretch, cheering, "I think our winter gear is so cool!"

"It looks like everyone's costumes have changed quite a bit since the beginning of the school year," Iida observes.

Sato nudges the boy. "I'm impressed that you handled the summer heat with yours, Iida.

"Kacchan, you changed yours, too!" Midoriya exclaims. I have to keep myself from groaning as he begins babbling about specific changes the two of them made despite Bakugo's obvious seething.

My ears perk up, however, when I hear him mention the new gloves he had Mei Hatsume of the support department make for him. Ochaco tenses beside me, eyes growing distant.

"Go away!" She exclaims, squeezing her eyes shut.

I know her thoughts get the better of her sometimes, so I put my arm around her and rub her shoulder. Someone has to keep her grounded in the present and not free to roam the anxious thoughts of her mind.

"Sheesh, got a nice party atmosphere goin' here, don't we?" A voice calls from the opposite end of the thoroughfare. This time, I do groan aloud. "You guys aren't looking down on us, are you?"

Class 1-B precesses up the path, decked out in their winter costumes as well. Monoma leads the group, strutting around in his costume that is annoyingly similar to mine.

Eijiro perks up from where he's sitting on the ground, stretching. "Oh! You're here! Nope, we're not lookin' down on ya! We're just excited!"

Monoma gives a poor impression of a sane smile. "Haha, I see...but too bad. The tides are surely in our favor this time. Let's settle this rivalry once and for all!" The boy flourishes a sheet of paper. "Take a look at this survey! It's from the cultural festival! Check out which people liked better between your live show and our super high quality drama theater performance!"

I tune out his prattling until Aizawa comes over and cuts him off with his capture scarf. And not a moment too soon, I think in exasperation. "Quiet," our teacher grumbles.

"Monoma!" One of his classmates cries out. Aizawa releases the student with a warning glare.

The 1-B teacher, Vlad King, comes forward, leading two people to the training grounds. "We have some special guests today."

"Try not to look stupid in front of them," Aizawa adds.

The air becomes energized between the two classes, but maybe I only feel that because I'm standing next to Kaminari. We shuffle around, trying to get better looks at the approaching figures.

Standing on my toes, I glimpse a familiar head of messy purple hair.

Our teacher gestures to the two students. "This is Hitoshi Shinso, from Class C of the department of Education. He's applying to transfer to the heroics department."