4

01/27/2018Saturday10:35 am

01/27/2018
Saturday
10:35 am

In the morning, you were woken up by the sounds of your phone ringing. Reaching over to your nightstand, you grabbed your phone, and without looking at the caller ID, you answered. "Hello?" The person on the other side sighed and spoke, "Oh my god Y/N we've been calling and texting you since last night, why weren't you answering? Oh wait let me guess, you were out with some man or you were out partying? Which was it? Huh." Your mother's words came out sarcastic but very harsh, like always. You could hear her and your father laughing about what she just asked, but you were going to tell them what you were actually doing.

"No, I wasn't with a man or partying. I was working a night shift at the hospital I work at and when I got home I showered and went to bed. I don't understand why the fuck you both just talk shit about what I do in life. I can't believe you guys. All you guys do is criticize every single thing that I do. I don't want to speak with the both of you ever again, so what ever you need to tell me, tell me now." You spat out.

"We were going to tell you that you should come visit us next month. We're hosting a dinner party with all our friends from the firm and you know, since Ana would always attend the annual event, but cannot anymore, we thought to call you. So, can you come? We need you here," your mother spoke.

You have to be fucking kidding me.

"I will not be going just to be talked about by all of your lawyer friends and their children. I don't even know why you bothered to ask if you knew I'd say no. Don't call me anymore." You said and hung up. You let out a sigh and your phone rang again.

You answered again, "What the fuck did I just say, don't call me anymore!" You said. "Good morning to you too, sweet girl." You heard Spencer on the other side of the phone. You eyes widened as you heard his voice. "Oh my god! Spencer I'm so sorry. That was not meant for you. I'm such a fucking idiot." You said and brought a hand up to your forehead.

"No, you're not an idiot Y/N. This is a common mistake that happens to almost everyone. Believe it or not 90% of the world answers the phone without looking at the caller ID, so it's all good. Or I could be wrong and you actually don't want to talk to me anymore because I could go if you want me too?" Spencer said with a nervousness in his voice.

Letting out a small laugh because of the facts he just told you, you responded, "Of course I want to talk to you Spencer. And thank you for those facts. Also good morning." Spencer laughed a bit and said, "Oh thank god, I was actually thinking you didn't want to talk to me anymore."

"Don't be ridiculous, I want to talk to you." You said with a smile on your face. "Alright, so I actually called to let you know that I'll be picking you up at 7pm tonight and also because I wanted to hear your voice." Spencer told you. "Ok, question though. What should I wear? I don't want to be underdressed or overdressed." You asked curiously.