39

09/21/2018Friday 12:38 am

09/21/2018
Friday
12:38 am

"Alright, Mrs. López in room 547 is asking to see you, she has some questions about her surgery for tomorrow. Mr. Martínez in room 276 wanted to talk to you about his surgery as well. Then, Christian's mom, Mrs. Walker wanted to ask you something about new meds for him since the ones he's on aren't helping with the pain." You tell Dr.Wilson as the two of you go down the elevator to the lobby.

Once the doors opened, he pulls you to the side, "Y/L/N, you need to go home. You've worked more hours than you're supposed too. You haven't slept for any longer than twenty minutes, so please go home and get some rest. I'll check in with all of the patients and I will you see you Monday."

You groan at his words, "But we're understaffed. I can stay for a few more hours and leave in the morning. There are still patients to check up on and give meds too. I have to talk with Mr. Parker, he was complaining ab—." Wilson cuts off your rambling, "Y/L/N, stop. Go home, we will figure something out. You are overworked, so please go home and get some rest."

You sigh in defeat, "Fine, I'll grab my things and go." He places a hand on your shoulder, giving it a small squeeze saying, "Thank you for all the work you did Y/N. Have a goodnight." You smile softly at him, "Thanks Wilson, you have a goodnight too."

Slowly making your way to the locker room, you walked in grabbed your things and changed out of your scrubs into a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt. You went into the restroom to wash your hands and you saw how dark the circles underneath your eyes were.

You looked like hell.

You walked out of the locker room and into the lobby, saying goodnight to the security guard, taking out your badge to unlock the door. Once you were outside, you took your keys out and unlocked your car getting in and putting your seatbelt on.

Before turning on the car, you leaned forward, resting your forehead against the steering wheel. You closed your eyes for a few seconds, before sitting up and starting the car. You connected your phone to play music, so the drive wouldn't be quiet. The song West Coast by Lana Del Rey starts to play and you drive onto the main road.
_
After twenty minutes, you finally arrived home. You park your car in your designated spot, turning off the car and grabbing your purse and small backpack. You get out of the car, locking it behind you and going over to the complex entrance.

You walked tiredly up the stairs, barely being able to keep your eyes open at this point. You were fucking exhausted. There were so many new patients, surgeries, traumas, emergencies, and deaths.

The past few days at the hospital have been rough. There aren't that many nurses at the moment, you've talked to a few of them asking why they were gone, some were sick and others didn't answer. You talked to Richardson about it and he said he'd look into it and call some of the families of the nurses who didn't answer and he'd tell you what was wrong.