51

12/20/2018Thursday____________

12/20/2018
Thursday
____________

You're rushing out of bed the second you hear the front door opening. You're out of the room in seconds, not even caring that you're just wearing a bra, panties and one of Spencer's button down shirts. You see Spencer closing the door behind him and setting his satchel down on the ground. He takes off his suit jacket, hanging it on the coat rack and slowly bringing his eyes up to meet yours.

A smile appears on both of your faces, excitement is running through your veins as you prepare to tell Spencer the news you just received today. You practically run up to him, meeting him halfway, letting him wrap his arms around your waist, lifting you off the ground, and pulling you in for a kiss. You instantly wrap your legs around his hips, pressing your lips onto his. "Hi, baby," he says in between the kiss.

You smile, "Hi, handsome. Busy day?"

Spencer smiles, "Not at all. It was paperwork day since we just got back from Arizona last night. How was your day?" You pull back from the kiss, staring up at him and playing with the hair at the nape of his neck, twisting a strand around your finger. "My day was great actually. I spent most of the morning cleaning the entire apartment, reading a book, baked a banana bread, showered and got ready for the day to run some last minute errands -- oh and I talked to Dr. Suarez and Dr. Stevens," you said those last words with a smile on your face.

"And how did that go?" he asks, while staring up at you and walking over to the couch. He takes a seat, keeping you in his arms and letting you straddle his lap. You adjust yourself, bringing your arms out from around his neck and placing your hands on the sides of his face, feeling the stubble that has grown in the past few days of you not seeing him. "Well, if you must know, I talked to Dr. Suarez yesterday and she said that I've improved a lot since my first visit. She recommended journaling, for whenever you aren't here or if I can't get ahold of Desiree which is hilarious because that girl is attached to her phone and the second she sees my name on her screen she will answer my calls or texts immediately. But, she did clear me and was able to get a hold of Dr. Stevens to do my psych eval which I did today over a video call and she said she would call me tomorrow morning. She also mentioned that we might have another session just to be sure, but I think everything will be fine," you explained.

Spencer raised his brows in excitement, "Baby, that's amazing. I'm so proud of you. Why didn't you mention any of this when we talked on the phone the other day?" You straightened up, Spencer's hands tightening their hold on your waist as he stared up at you waiting for your answer. "I didn't want to mention it because I was scared we'd get our hopes up and there wouldn't be any good news. We still don't know if I can get back to work yet," you answered.

"Baby, you could have at least told me you were nervous about something when we talked," he says. You sigh gently, leaning forward to lay your head on his shoulder, "I know, I wanted to, but I didn't want you to be thinking about my sessions with Suarez while you were out on a case. You need to stay focused when you're at work," you said. Spencer placed his left hand on the back of your head, while his right soothed your back. He let out a soft chuckle, "We've been over this, Y/n, you always come first," he spoke softly while pressing delicate kisses on the side of your face going down your neck. "I don't like when you think you're less important."