9

02/13/2018Tuesday12:15 pm

02/13/2018
Tuesday
12:15 pm

"Hey Lisa, so what are your plans for tomorrow?" You asked one of your friends at work while eating lunch with her. She took a bite of her sandwich and grabbed her napkin to cover mouth, before speaking.

"From what I know is that we're going out for dinner and that's all he told me. He also said, "The rest is my business." So I'm not sure what to expect with him because he's full of surprises." She said and grabbed her water and took a sip. "So what about you, you have any plans with anyone?" She asked me and wiggled her eyebrows.

You let out a laugh and nodded. "Yeah I do. I've been seeing this guy for almost a month and he hasn't told me what we're doing, but I'm excited because he's full of surprises." That he was, Spencer Reid knew how to leave you speechless.

Lisa smiled and said, "Good for you girl, but I got to go check up on my patients. See you later."

"See you." You tell her as she gets up and leaves the table.

You still had about 10 minutes until you had to get back so you decided to text Spencer. The last time you talked to him was on Sunday and you know that you were being short with him because once you got home, you had fallen asleep, but there was more to it than you just being tired. Since your parents were there the day before, you had a wave of emotions hit you and you didn't want to talk about them yet, so you kept your conversation short. You weren't sure if he noticed or played it off as something else.

'Hey Spence.'-12:17pm

His response comes in fast, he must not be busy.

'Hey, what's up?'-12:17pm
'Nothing much just on my break and wanted to send a quick text.What are you doing?'-12:18pm
'I'm at work right now doing some last minute paperwork from our last case. I can't wait to see you tomorrow though.'-12:19pm
'I can't wait to see you either, but I'll let you get back to work. Talk later?'-12:20pm
'Yeah ok. Call me when you get home.'-12:21pm
'I will.'-12:22pm
Read

You put your phone back into your pocket of your scrubs and got up and went back to work.

There was a total of 12 patients you had to check up on and you made your way to the first one, on the 5th floor. You got onto the elevator and made your way up. Once the elevator came to a full stop on your floor, you got out and walked to the nurses station.

"Can you hand me Fatima Brown's chart? Please." You asked one of the other nurses. She handed the chart to you and you said thank you and walked towards her room.

Once you walked in, you saw that Fatima was sleeping, but you really had to check her vitals. Fatima is a 23 year old woman who had a surgery scheduled for tomorrow morning and you were in charge of her labs and making sure she didn't eat anything for the next 24 hours.