43

10/01/2018Monday

10/01/2018
Monday

"I can feel you staring at me," you whispered, opening your eyes and seeing Spencer sitting next to your bed, looking right at you. A smile formed on his lips, "What? I can't stare at my girlfriend anymore," he joked, standing from his chair and leaning forward pressing his lips onto yours.

Once he pulled away, he stared down at you with his beautiful eyes, moving a strand of hair that fell in front of your face behind your ear, leaving his hand on your cheek, slowly caressing the skin there and asking, "Did you get enough rest?" You hummed in response, "Mhm. What about you? Did you sleep at all last night or did you stay up and watch me while reading one of your books?" He shook his head, "I did not stay up. I actually did sleep, thank you for asking."

You moved over on the bed carefully, leaving space for Spencer, patting the empty side besides you while looking over at him, "Lay with me please?"

"Of course my love," he accepted without putting up an argument like he has done a few times this weekend.

As soon as he laid down with you, he wrapped his arms around you carefully, pressing a chaste kiss on your cheek, then asking, "How are you feeling?" You sighed before giving an answer, "I'm feeling better than yesterday that is for sure. My throat doesn't hurt as much when I talk. There really isn't that much pain anymore, but I know that's because of the medication I am on." You cut yourself off, not wanting to talk much more about the meds they have you taking, which makes you think of what you wanted to talk about with the doctor when she comes in. "What about when you breathe? Your chest doesn't hurt?" You shook your head, "Nope.. Now, no more medical talk. Can we talk about something else? Like this stubble you have going on."

He let out a chuckle, making you start to giggle, "You don't like it? I think it looks good on me," he grinned. "I'm not s-saying I don't like it. I'm saying that I love it, so don't even think about shaving it when we get home," you replied before peppering his jaw with kisses. "Whatever you say," he simply says, taking hold of your hand and kissing the back of it.

You had been moved out of the ICU Friday afternoon into a room upstairs. You weren't complaining of much pain anymore, but it would come and go. You've been resting a lot, orders from Doctor Rivera and your boyfriend, Dr. Reid. When you were extubated, you already were trying to talk, because let's face it, not being even to talk at all for five and a half days sucks.

The only thing you were complaining about, was still being on a feeding tube, which Doctor Rivera had told you they were planning on removing today. All you wanted was to eat normal food.

"B-babe?" Spencer immediately shook his head, already knowing what you were going to say based on the sound of your voice. "Y/N I already told you. Until the doctor comes in and removes the feeding tube, you'll then be able to have what you like to call it, "normal food." You groaned, "Ugh--can't I have like some chips or a cookie from the vending machine down the hall."