44

10/03/2018Wednesday 8:45 am

10/03/2018
Wednesday
8:45 am

You stirred awake, feeling Spencer's arms still around your waist and his hot breath against your skin, and hearing his soft snores. The two of you had fallen asleep around midnight, you'd convinced Spencer to sleep with you on the bed, instead of him sleeping on the couch, which you know is uncomfortable. He of course tried to argue with you about it, but after begging, he gave in.

He had moved a bit during the night, so his head was now on your chest. You slowly raised your hand, so you could run your fingers through his messy curls that had fallen in front of his eyes. You didn't want to wake him, since he doesn't really get much rest, so you kept your touch gentle and slow.

As you did this, you were already thinking about how long six weeks really was and how you wouldn't be able to do much like you used to. It's going to take time and patience. And knowing how Spencer is and how much he cares about you, he will literally treat you like a piece of glass, which he has already been doing.

If you really think about it, you're going to be in recovery for almost two months. Like what are you even going to do throughout those two months? Sure of course Spencer is going to be with you, helping you out, keeping you company and doing things with you so you won't be bored out of your mind for six weeks, but eventually he'll have to go back to work.

You'll have weekly appointments, physical therapy, and you're pretty sure you're going to have to talk with your therapist, Dr. Katie Suarez again and do an entire psych eval before going back to work. You're in no rush, but like six weeks is a long time and the worst part is that you can't even get "physical". How are you supposed to deal with that when your boyfriend is Spencer Reid? Like have they seen him?

"Stop overthinking Y/N," Spencer mumbled against your chest. You looked down at him, seeing his eyes were barely opening and he lets out a yawn, as you say, "You know, I hate that you know what I'm doing. You were literally just sleeping and that's the first thing you say. I don't even get a "good morning " first?" He kisses the side of your neck, before saying, "Good morning beautiful."

You hum, "Hm-- Good morning Dr. Reid."  This makes him chuckle. He shakes his head, sitting up right and pulling you closer to his body, asking, "That's all I'm going to get? You're not going to even deny that you were overthinking or say something sassy?" Shaking your head, you put your head on his shoulder, sighing, "There's no point in denying it or saying something sassy, since you already knew I was overthinking. Either way, I was going to tell you what I was thinking about."

"What's bothering you?" Spencer asks, while getting more comfortable in the position you two were in, so he'd be ready to listen to what you were going to say.