Pick your Challenger

We made it to The Blue Room. "Hey, Y/N, Sara. You found anything out?" Keiji asked.

"No... There's still plenty I don't get. What's especially strange to me is how there were a gun and bullets in this room. What meaning could there be to the kidnapper giving us a weapon...?" Sara answered.

"Might want to cause discord." I said. "Discord?"

Keiji nodded "A weapon that puts one person at an advantage... Who'd wanna hand that over to someone else? But we've got good ol' Y/N and Sara with us, so we won't fall for that trap."

"Why do you trust us so much?" Sara asked.

"Cause both of you are cute."

"Not a good reason but ok.." I turn to Sara. 'Why does she have a dubious look?'

"Didn't expect you to respond to a compliment with such a dubious look, Sara."

"Um.. Keiji, we found these dummy bullets in the cafeteria."

I gave Keiji the dummy bullets. "I'll check em out."

We walk to Joe.

"So, I tried to take the painting off of the wall but it's stuck on there tight, so no dice.."

"Should we search somewhere else?" Sara asked.

"Yeah.."

As we were walking out of The Blue Room, Keiji called us.

"Oh, Y/N, Sara. Hold on a sec..."

"Hm?"

Before leaving the room, Me and Sara turned around, and..

"Huh? Miss Y/N, Miss Sara, aren't you guys coming?"

*THUD*

"What the...?! Miss Y/N! Miss Sara! Are you guys ok?!" Iron bars appeared over the door, separating me and Sara from Sou.

'Where did these bars come from?!' "..Gah..! It won't open...! I-I'll look for something to pry with!" "Well, this sure is bad.."

Joe ran to us. "Y/N! Sara! You guys hurt?!"

"No.. We're ok, but.."

"Dammit, it's a trap! Who knows what'll happen! Stay alert!"

Hey now, don't put yourselves so on guard.

"Wha?! Whose voice was that?!"

Ha ha ha. Don't sweat the details. I'm the master of the room. You can call me Maister. Now, to get right to it, lemme explain the rules of the next game.

"T-The rules..?"

Well, of course! You wanna stake your life without even knowin' the rules?! You're a real character, man! (Well-)

"Stake.. my life?"

This one's simple! Right now, there's you six humans in this room, right? Glance around the room..! There's five open seats. One will be the Challenger, and the other five'll sit down and be targets.

"Targets..? Targets fer what?!"

Well, I gave ya that cool weapon here in this room, didn't I?

"W-We're gonna be targets for a revolver?!"

"And? What are the rules to this? Surely there's an outcome where nobody dies"

Ha ha ha! Naturally! A regular deathtrap is just old-hat, get me?

'Nope.'

But, see... First you'll have to decide who'll be the Challenger for me.

"You're tellin' is to decide who's gonna shoot without knowin' what the game is?! Who gonna want to be the targets?!"

"Will the Challenger be safe..?" Joe asked.

Yep! Only the targets get to relish get the thrill! What a shame!

"I see.. Y/N, Sara. Can I ask one of you to be the Challenger?

"..Wha?!"

"Sure..."

"Y/N, you would do it?"

"Yeah.. I've been training with nerf guns, I win everytime in laser tag, and I've done my research. Plus I want to escape with everyone.." (That's not gonna happen, buddy-)

"I suppose it may not be proper to make a young girl handle a gun.."

"I'm in favor of it myself. Y/N's got a clear head"

"I agree"

"Sara even agrees! So let Y/N do it!"

"No way... Can't approve'a that. 'Snot like I don't trust ya.. Don't think badly of me"

"Holding it to a vote... Perhaps... that is the best way to settle this. Why don't we discuss it... and then hold a majority vote?" (DON'T EVER SAY THE MV WORD!!)

"Yeah... Might be the only way"

"Right..!"

"Gotcha. Let's do it"

"Talk to me when you're all set. I'll be standing right here"

'I'm nervous.. What will happen if I don't get picked?! Calm down Y/N..'

I take a deep breath 'I'm ready'

"You prepared for the discussion?"

I nod

"I'm always on your side"