The Hades Incident

Suddenly, I remembered something. 'Nao... Is she still in the Monitor Room...? Talking to the Professor Mishima AI?' I look at Sara to see that she thought of the same thing. 'We should check on her.' I grab Saras' hand and walked to the Monitor Room.

As we walked in, Nao was still talking with her gaze fixed on a single point. I felt myself frown. "...Nao." Sara called out. "So then... professor... While you were gone..." It's like Saras' voice isn't reaching her.

'If I were in that situation... If Joe was on that screen, then... I'm sure... I'd be rooted to the spot, too. Even Sara...'

It doesn't matter if he's fake. I want to meet him and apologize. I want him to forgive me.  can't help thinking about those things...'

As if I'm gonna forgive ya.

I heard a voice say. I clenched my hands. 'Calm down, Y/N... I...It's just a hallucination...'

Hallucinations worsened by 20.

clickclickclclickclickickclickclickclclickclickclick

I let go of Saras' hand and held my head. "Nngh...!!" I groan. 'What was that...?! Calm down... I have to stay calm...! It's not just me that's regretful... Nao is regretful too...! Wondering if... she could have saved Mishima...' I look at Nao. 'Given that, bringing Nao back to reality... is beyond me... I...I'm sorry...'

I felt Saras' hand grip mine and she was about to lead me out of the room. She looked back to the monitor as I looked back, too.

"Is that so... It's been nothing but hardship, then... However... Even amid such circumstances, you've made wonderful friends, miss Nao." Professor Mishima said to Nao. "F... Friends...?" Nao stammered. "Indeed! Age and length of association are of no relevance. They are wonderful people who help each other. I understood that clearly hearing you speak. Please treasure your friends, miss Nao."

"...Okay..." Nao was silent. "I've always been... getting saved by them... So from now on... I want to be useful to Reko, Y/N, Sara, and everyone............ That's why... I'm... going now, professor." "Yes, please come by any time. I'll be right here." Professor Mishima told her. "...No... I won't... come here anymore." Nao said. Professor Mishima was silent until he put on a smile.

"Miss Nao... You truly have grown strong, haven't you? I'm honoured to have had you as my student... Goodbye, miss Nao." Then, the AI turned off.

It was quiet as Nao puts her forehead against the monitor. Then, I heard someone sniffle. "I... I'm... not strong... at all..." Nao said as her voice quavered. "I wanted you watching over me, always... Professor..."

'Nao...'

Nao is trying to look forward. To accept everything, and face reality.

'Nao... is a strong person. Much stronger than me... My insecurity is coming out... I... We should probably go. I'll do what I have to... so much as approach that strength...' I felt Sara lead me out of the Monitor Room into the Lobby.

~Day 1 Noon~

As we walked into the Lobby, we saw people arguing. "Huh..?"

"Quit wit' the stupid jokes, you!!" Q-taro fumed. "The biggest joke around here's your name!" Ranger snickered. "Pffft-" I stopped myself from laughing out loud. 'Okay, now is NOT the time to laugh, Y/N. What I have to do is figure out what happened. With Sara, of course.'