The Broken Monitor

Day 1 Morning

"...Attractions... Should we look for them?" Keiji asks. "We might as well..."

I walk toward the Reception Doll. "This is the Prize Exchange. Please inform me if you have business." "I wanna ask some questions."

"What would you like me to answer?"

"First question: What are you?"

"I am a receptionist doll here to support you in your time living on the third floor. I can trade and explain the prizes."

"What are the prizes?"

"There are two types of prizes. Prizes with blue numbers and prizes with red numbers. Prizes with blue numbers are normal. You can trade for them using that number of tokens. Prizes with red numbers are exclusive. You can only trade for them using tokens of the person related to that prize. For instance, you may only trade for Mr. Keiji's personal information using Mr. Keiji's tokens."

"Okay, last question: Is there some type of escape ticket?"

"There is nothing of the sort here."

'Nothing here... Then it has to be somewhere else, right...?' We all walk out of the Prize Exchange into the Monitor Room.

"My, miss Nao. You're looking rather down." The Mishima AI said. "...Professor..." "If you are fine with an AI, I can gladly talk with you." "...Professor... Can we talk a little...?" Then the two started to talk. I look at the rest of the monitors and notice that the one to the far left... was cracked!?

"H... Hey! Wasn't this totally fine before...?!" Reko questioned. "...Whose monitor is this?" Sara went to the back of the monitors, I follow.

'The picture on the back's ripped off...! Who's monitor was here?! Curse my forgetful brain...!'

"Mishima, did you see the one who destroyed the monitor...?" Keiji asked the AI. "I'm terribly sorry. I'm afraid I didn't..." "Come to think of it... I haven't seen Sou..." Nao commented. "Him again...?! Dammit, what the hell is he after?!"

"Hmm... Look for attractions, or look for Sou... What do you two think?" Keiji asked me and Sara. "We'll... Uh." I look at Sara. "We'll look for Sou. I feel like... we can't let him roam free." I nod in agreement. "...That's true. Sheesh, would love to throw some cuffs on him and lock him up." 'Haha I get it! Cause you're a policeman! That wasn't really funny.'

"E-Err... Could all of you focus on attractions... While I search for Sou...?" Kanna asked. "Kanna...!" Kanna looked directly into our eyes. "It's natural for you to hate Kanna... but... She'll at least keep an eye on Sou... Please believe her..." "No way, Kanna! Don't go near that guy on your own!!"

"It's my... responsibility..." "...No. We're going with you." Sara said. "Sara..." "Yeah... If it's only Kanna, she'll just be used by Sou again." '"H... Hey! Putting it like that ain't...!"

"You won't... trust me...?" Kanna asked while tears started to form in her eyes. 'Crap.' "K-Kanna, It's not like th-" I got cut off.

"Stop this, you guys!!" Alice shouted. "Huh...?" "All this tension is just what the kidnappers want! Are you dumb or what?! Looking at you... It's like sisters quarreling... I hate it!! Just reconcile, if only in appearance!! The feelings... can be appended after the fact!!"

'Reconcile... What are we even doing? No one didn't even do anything wrong... It's like we're pinning the reason for Joe's death onto Kanna and Sou...'