The Sub Game

"Ah, ooh, ahh...! Who was it?! Who went and started up the Mishima AI...?!" I went in front of the monitors to see a sad looking woman with green wavy hair with a blue hat that had whipped cream.

"W... What the?!" "I get it...! So then... Ranger...! It was you, wasn't it...?!" The crying woman guessed. "Hey, don't get mad! Everybody seems pretty pleased, don'tcha think?" We turned to the voice behind us. It was a boy with orange hair and eyes. Half of his face was covered because of those... cutouts of mouths...? Wait, those are cards.

"Hey there! You bastards slept well?" The boy asks. "W-Who're you, meow?!" "I'm the Dressup Doll, Rio Ranger! I'm gonna support y'all on this floor! Best regaaards!" "Err... What about Miley...?" Keiji asks.

"Ehh? You prefer the ladies, do ya? Sheesh. C'mon over here, Safalin! For they have so humbly requested a girl!"

"Ah, ooh..." She sniffed. "But I'm angry at you right now.." "Yeesh, it's creepy when they all talk to you at once!"

"C... Creepy...?! You're awful! Boohoohoohoo..."

"Just joshin'! You're real cute, so move it already!"

"D-Do you meeean it?" She said with a timid smile. "NOW." Ranger demanded. Then, the said "Safalin" appeared out of nowhere beside Ranger. "Good to meet you, everyoneee... I am the Vice Floor Master, the Crying Doll, Tia Safalin..." 'How did she get here...?"

"What a calamity!!"

"Now this is perfect. Let's begin explaining the rules of Floor 3!" Ranger exclaimed. "T-The rules of Floor 3...?"

"Yep. You bastards are probably hyper on-edge after suspecting up a storm in the Main Game, right? And so! We thought of some wonderful festivities to let you reconcile before the next Main Game!"

"Wait!! We're doin' one again?! A Main Game...?!" Reko asked in shock. "All depends on you assholes! Hahaha!" Ranger then looks at Sara. "Whazza maaatter? My face scare you? C'mon, Sara Chidouin!"

"Shut up..." "...Hmm?"

"Before your stupid explanation... take that off...!" Ranger was silent. "That thing... you're wearing...!! Isn't that... Joe's hairclip...?!" Sara asked while point at the item on Ranger bangs. "Huh?" I look at his bangs to see the hairclip. 'That is Joe's hairclip...!'

Ranger was still silent as he holds a card with two eyes. "...Ahah. Sure enough... you recognized this clip...? It feels good, y'know... Feels like it's full of the dead's regrets... The regrets of Joe Tazuna... That bottomlessly cheerful, softhearted moron."

"Hey! Joe isn't a moron! You're a moron! what's a moron...?" I mumble the last part. "Then... that skirt, too... It must be sister's...!!" Kanna trembled. "...Whewww. You bastards got any right to condemn me?" Ranger asks with crazy-looking eyes. Kanna flinches from the look.

Then Ranger went back to his normal self. "This topic's donezo! Now everybody come see what's past these monitors! We'll have a fun game... Hahaha...!" Then, him and Safalin walk past the monitors.

'Wait, how come I didn't see anything behind those monitors when I was back there with Keiji?'

Anyway, we all walk behind the monitors to see a small room with a counter that presents items like stars, a some sort ticket, and three video sets? chips? I don't know, I just know that they're videos.

Behind the counter is a man with a weird mustache. He's just standing there, staring at us with soulless eyes piercing through our skulls.

"Whoa?! Who's this guy?!" Reko questioned. 'Does this guy have some sort of skill? He's literally not moving an inch!'

That's the Receptionist Doll. And this is the Prize Exchange! Safalin, hand those things out."

"Okaaay..." Safalin pulls out 9 wallets and hands everyone one each. Sara opens her wallet and pulls out tokens. So, I open mine and take out the tokens that were inside. These tokens have my face on them.

"Those are Me-Tokens. Everyone has been given 100." Safalin explains. "Huh... So let me guess, you can trade these tokens for the prizes on display here?" Keiji guesses. "Correct! Just what I expected from you! The prizes are things related to clearing Floor 3, and person information profiles... and more!" Ranger answers.

Keijis' eyes slightly widen from fear? "...You're making information into prizes?" "However..." "You cannot trade for prizes using your own tokens."

"What's that mean, woof...?" Gin asked.

"You can only use tokens you get from others! And if you get a lot from somebody, you can nab that person's personal info. Those tokens signify trust. All y'all bastards are gonna be selling, buying, stealing, and surrendering those suckers! In short, it's a game of buying and selling trust!"

"Buying and selling... trust..."

"How stupid... There has to be more to this..." I say as I look at the tokens that were in my hands. "I've got a good idea. If one of us gathers tokens and buys a prize, we can all share the info." Q-taro shares.

"Ehh? Y'all are some friendly bastards. Well, too bad for you, but that's not all!"

"All of you will experience 9 attractions located around the thrid floor, and earn the right to challenge the Main Game." Safalin said. "M... myow...?" "Whenever you clear an attraction you'll recieve Clear Chips... And if you don't collect 10 within the time limit, you'll die before the Main Game starts!"

"N... No...!!" Nao wailed. Ranger then covers his face with a Pro...fessor Mishima card- come on, don't do this is Nao. "Mwahaha...! Please do relax, miss Nao! Unlike in the Main Game, if you do well, then no one will have to die!"

"P... Please stop... Don't impersonate him...!!" I go near Nao and pat her back. "Most attractions require a group of two. However, one cannot to the same attraction twice."

"Tokens and Clear Chips... I'm starting to see what you're getting at."

"Now, get what you need to do? Clear attractions to collect 10 Clear Chips. Use the Me-Tokens you've recieved however you want. Though you can only trade with others' tokens! By the way... The more tokens you get, the better. There's a grand prize, too... A ticket to the surface! It's first come, first serve, so you snooze, you lose!"

'But there's nothing like that on the counter...!'

"Your time limit is 3 days! Relax! You've got plenty of food and clothes, and even time to rest, so sleep soundly! We won't put any traps or trickery in your personal rooms, so use 'em freely! Now, let the Sub-Game... The Trust Barter Game, begin!"