Kannas' conversation

Y/Ns' POV
I was walking to the Lobby as I bumped into someone. "Oof..." I look to see... "Ah! Sara!" I said. "Oh hey Y/N, you came out of your attraction?" Sara asked. "Yep! Anyway, we should go to the Lobby." I say. Sara nods.

We then, go to the Lobby to see Kanna, Nao, and Reko.

We go to Kanna first. "U...Um, Y/n, Sara, it's not a trade or anything, but... Can we talk...?" She asked. "Sou seems to have gotten tired and fallen asleep. I can only talk now while he's resting, so..." Kanna trailed off as Sara spoke. "Don't tell me... Did you learn something important?"

"I... I'm sorry! It's nothing like that, I'm afraid..." Kanna said. 'Come to think of it, I've never gotten to have a calm talk with Kanna. She just wants to talk with someone.'

"We're gonna hear from Nao and Reko. Just wait here Kanna." I tell her. She nods as me and Sara walk to Nao and Reko. "Y/N, Sara, wanna trade 20 tokens between you, me, and Nao?" Reko asked.

"You see, I decided with Reko that we'd trade 20 tokens each..." Nao said. "But, y'know, gotta cross a shaky bridge together. For instance, we could pass 20 tokens like this, me to Y/N to Nao to Sara... Or pass 'em the other way, Sara to Nao to Y/N to me. This way, we won't need to have extra trade partners in the future, see?" Reko explained.

'So they're daring to trade them like this instead of an equal share... Wait, come to think of it... We did need Rekos' tokens for Alice...' "Wait for a moment." I tell them. The two girls nod as me and Sara walk away from them.

I turn to Sara and whispered, "Did you somehow get Rekos' tokens?" I ask. "Yeah, I have them in my wallet." Sara said. "Good job, Sara! We can give them to Alice after this!" I said with a smile. We went to the two girls and telled them that we were gonna talk to Kanna. They said they were fine with it and left.

We walked to Kanna. "Hey Kanna, we wanna talk to you." I told her. Her eyes lit up. "R-Really?! Hooray!" She smiled. "U-Um... I'll pour some tea!" Behind her was a tea set on the table. 'How did I not realise that?'

Me and Sara sat in the chairs as Kanna poured the tea in three of the teacups. She gave two of them to me and Sara and picked up the last one which was for herself. She sat down with tea in hand as she started at it.

"Kanna feels like... she's been a burden for a long while now..." She said. I frown. 'Kanna...' "Don't worry about it." Sara spoke. "All the things you've done... you couldn't help it." "B-But... Sara, Y/n, and Nao, three of you... are being positive and moving ahead... Kanna's... a hopeless girl. On her own, she can't walk... or even stand..." Kanna quivered.

"You're standing and walking now. Doesn't that count...?"

Kanna looked up at her. "Sara... U-Um... Sara, you... You're like a warrior..." Kanna said. "...Hmm?" "Like a samurai... I could see you with a katana..." "I mean, I do remember her telling me that she join a kendo club in middle school." I said.

"Whoa, I knew it! If you were a senior at Kanna's school, she'd look up to you so much! You must be so popular!" Kanna beamed. "E...Err...? I mean, I did get a love letter from a younger girl once, but..." "Sure enough! And, Y/N, you're like a mother or a big sister!" "Wha-huh?"

"You're kind, caring, and overprotective of your friends." Kanna said. "I, uh-" I got cut off. "You're pretty smart, too." Sara added. "Remember the Red Room we found Alice in?" "The praise! It's killing me!" I joked.

A frivolous chat. A conversation that was just fun and random. No topic needed. I realized I'd forgotten about them for so long... Those peaceful, ordinary days...

"Kanna... likes how cool you both sound." Kanna told me and Sara. "Aw, thanks Kanna. It's been a while sense I've talked like this." I said. "Eh...? Really? Not even with your friends?" Kanna asked. "Well, kinda. Before I met Sara, Joe, and Ryoko, I used to talk to someone else. They were kinda like you Kanna but a little more hyper." I told her. "And a little mean but, some siblings are like that."

"...Y/N... You're just like... my sister." Kanna said. "Huh?" "Your strength... and your kindness... Same thing goes for you, Sara... But my sister..." She paused. "Wasn't always kind from the moment we met."

'Wait what? "The moment they met."? The way she phrased that...'

"...Kanna. Are you and your sister not blood-related...?" Sara asked. Kanna nods. "...Right... See, Kanna's adopted."

'Wow, she said that right off the bat-'

"She came to her current family from an orphanage when she was little..." "So you had different parents..." Sara uttered. "Mom and dad were really kind... Kanna... was determined to always smile, childishly thinking "I can't trouble them." And Kanna's sister didn't seem to like that..."

Flashback
"Stop it, Kugie! Why do you do such cruel things?!" Kannas' mom yelled. "No, it's fine! Kanna's not angry... She's not, really..." Kanna told her. "Look, see!" Kanna raised her head up and showed a smile. "Ahaha... Ehehehehe..."

"...What're you always laughing for?" A black haired girl questioned. "Huh...?" She grit her teeth. "...You're creepy. I hate it." "Hey, stop that! Apologize, Kugie!" Kannas' dad demanded.

["Even then, I kept on smiling... I didn't... want to make sister out as a villain. But once day, when it became unbearable... I ran away from home."]

Kanna was sitting on a swing as she cried with a bucket on top of her head. "...ˢⁿⁱᶠᶠ... ˢᵒᵇ..."

["I couldn't go home. I didn't want to... Thinking that to myself, I sat in the park with a bucket on my head and cried."]

Then, a brown haired boy came towards her. "Hey! Whatcha doin'? What's with the bucket?! Yer funny!"

Kanna continued to cry in the bucket. "Huh? You cryin'?!" Kanna didn't make a noise. "...Alright." The kid left and came back with the head opening of his shirt over his head. His arms were up with his hands formed into "claws". "How's that! Ehh?! Look at me! C'mon! Funny, right?"

Kanna made a little noise. "...ᵤᵤᵤᵤᵤ..." The both of them seemed to have a sort of good time until... "What're you doing?!" A voice shouted. "...Huh...?" The boy turned around to see Kannas' older sister, Kugie.

"How dare you put a bucket on her head and tease her!! Beat it, you!!" She told him. "I-I wasn't teasin' her!" The little boy said. "Liar!! Kanna's crying, isn't she?! D... Don't be so cruel to my little sister!!"

["...That was the first time she called me "little sister"..."]

The kid ran off. Kugie walked to Kanna. "...You still crying?" She asked. "S-Sorry... sister..." Kanna apologised. Kugie was quiet for a moment. "...So you cry too, Kanna." She said. It was silent. "Kanna... I'm sorry..."

Kanna lifted the bucket to reveal her face. "...Sister..." "Mom and dad are worried, so let's get home quick, okay?" Kugie said with a small smile. Kanna smiled with her. "O-Okay! Eheheh..."
End of Flashback

"...Ever since then, my sister and I got along really well." Kanna said. "I see..." Kannas' eyes starts to water. "Without any blood relation... Kanna and her sister got along really... really well..." Kanna blinked as teared ran down her face. "Kanna..." Sara muttered.

"Kanna... will definitely go home...! Because she needs to tell mom and dad...!"

That look... It was saying that Kanna was sure... It was like determination... A kind of determination... much too heavy for a girl her age to bear.

Kanna wiped her eyes with her sleeve. "...I should be going soon. Sou might wake up, after all... Thank you very much..." She picked up the tea set and left.

'Well... That's it for discussions.'