Prologue

Mr Harper looked through his living room window, pondering whether it would be wise to go looking for his daughter, this was the hundredth time she had disappeared into the muggle village, he knew she was only curious. But with curiosity comes trouble. Though he trusted her to behave her Gryffindor defensiveness came out in the most unexpected of times.

Jessica Harper, however, loved to explore the muggle village observe some of their habits, after all, what was the point of living so close to muggles and not going to mingle amongst them. Jessica sat in a nearby park with her were a few muggle boys her around the age of 20, she watched them play a muggle game she believed was called football. Her attention was drawn to a big dog that came running over towards her.

"Excuse me," she called out to the owner, "could you please get your dog?" she asked, standing on the bench, the get away from the big animal. The muggle rushed over to his dog, struggling to get a hold of his dog.

"I'm sorry, he's really friendly," he said, hooking the dog back on his leash.

"It's okay, no harm done," she said, smiling at the man, she sat back down on the bench.

She watched turned her attention back to the muggle boys playing, two of them noticed her watching them, they picked up their ball walking over to her. She turned her eyes away from them, pulling her book out of her bag. She cursed it was Beedle and the Bard. A wizarding book.

"What are you looking at?" one of the boys asked, Jessica shook her head, holding the book against her chest.

"Nothing, just reading," she told them, one of the boys took the book out of her hands, flipping through the pages.

"Warlocks hairy heart?" he said "Babbitty Rabbitty? Seems like a load of nonsense," he told her, she snatched the book back from him, walking away from them. One of the boys grabbed her arm.

"Don't touch me," she said, ripping her arm around from them.

"We're just wanting to talk," he said, holding his hands up.

"Then don't grab me," she warned him, he grabbed her arm again

"Why what are you going to do?" she swung her free arm at him. Missing him. The other boys grabbed her, she threw her head back hitting one of them in the face. Causing him to let go of her. She pulled her wand out of her coat pocket, pointing it at them, they laughed at her holding up a stick to them.

"Confundo!" she said, while the boys were in a confused state of mind, she ran away, hurrying down the street, back to her house. She burst into the house, trying to collect herself before her father saw her.

"Jess? Are you alright?" her father asked, seeing her leaning against the door, clearly out of breath.

"Yes, Dad why won't I be," she said, she shrugged her shoulders, she moved to go upstairs. Her father quickly moved in front of her blocking her path.

"I wasn't born yesterday, what happened?" he asked folding her arms over his chest.

"Fine," she held her hands up in surrender "I got chased by a big dog," she lied, hoping her father would believe her.

"What is it with you and animals?" he asked.

"I don't know, I can't recall any bad situation with animals, I just don't like them," Jessica explained, she pushed past her father heading upstairs to her bedroom.

"Jessica, you didn't cause any trouble did you?" he asked, Jess stopped on the staircase, turning around to face her father.

"Why would you think I caused a problem?" she retorted

"Because in the 20 years of your life, you've had an act for getting in trouble, the amount of Hogwarts letters-

"I get your point, but I didn't do anything, okay?" she said, her father nodded his head,

"Dinner will be at least an hour." Jessica nodded, walking to her bedroom. She lounged on her bed, rest her head on her pillow.

While her father prepared dinner, she laid down on her bed hoping to get some rest, but as soon as she shut her eyes, she heard mumbled voices from outside. She stood from her bed, looking out of her window, walking past her house was one of the boys, she smiled he was still utterly confused.

"Jessica!" he father yelled, she creased her brows dinner couldn't be ready already could it?

Jessica walked downstairs quietly, she eyed her father from the bottom of the stairs, he looked annoyed as he looked down at the kitchen table. Once he saw her, he gestured for her to come into the kitchen, he slid the letter towards her.

Dear Miss Harper,

The Ministry has received intelligence but at 4:48 this evening you performed the Confundus Charm in the presence of four muggles as a clear violation of the decree from the Wizarding Statute of Secrecy. You are to appear before the Minister of Magic to plea your innocence or face consequences of your action.

Mafalda Hopkirk.

"Dad I can explain-

"You told nothing happened," her father said "you lied to me,"

"Dad I-

"Jessica this is not acceptable, your could wand snapped," he warned her,

"I didn't mean too, I just wanted to get away from them," she admitted, her father creased her brows.

"Get away from them?" he asked

"Yes, they grabbed me, I did try to punch one, but I didn't work, so I used the Confundus Charm, hoping it would give me chance to run home," he sighed, bring his daughter in for a hug, holding her there for a moment.

"Hopefully the Ministry will see that and let you off with a warning," he told her, she nodded he planted a kiss on her forehead.