Chapter 19

"So what are we doing today?" Jessica said, jumping on Charlie's bed waking him up.

"Big wake up call," Charlie mumbled, planting a kiss on her lips. "I thought we could take the Unicorns to the outdoor paddock,"

"Oh My God, I want to see a Unicorn so much," Jessica geeked out about the thought I seeing Unicorns today

"Wait, you like Unicorns?" Charlie questioned, Jessica nodded

"Yes, I love them, they're supposed to be kinder to witches more than wizards right?" Jessica asked, to see if she was correct.

"Yeah, that's right, there's seven of them and we're going to take them to the paddock," Charlie said,

"Seven, there are seven unicorns here," she said,

Jessica's face lit up with excitement, Charlie nodded, she leapt out of bed, hurtling through the door to her room, quickly getting changed to begin her days work she wouldn't be scared of today's animal that's for sure. Jessica loved Unicorn the represented purity and innocence, an animal that even her mother loved and she was just as scared of animals as Jessica was.

Jessica was dressed and ready for work before Mrs Winters had even woken up. Though Jessica noted the time, it was almost 9:30 am. Mrs Winters would've normally woken her up two hours earlier, Jessica shrugged her shoulders. She stopped dead in her tracks. Did she know I had been staying in Charlie's room? Jessica questioned.

Jessica sat in the kitchen pouring herself a bowl of cereal, she sat down at the table, Charlie came in not long after her. He took out a pan and started to make himself an omelette. Charlie saw a note pinned up on the corkboard, which held all the schedules, he read through it.

"Mrs Winters has gone back to England," Charlie told her,

"Why?" Jessica asked, Charlie handed her the note which read.

Mr Weasley, Miss Harper,

An emergency has come up my dear husband has fallen ill and has been rushed into St. Mungos.
I've left plenty of food for you, I already fed the Nifflers, Knarls, Diricawls and Augureys before I left.
I hope to return soon.

Sincerely,
Mrs A. Winters

"Oh god, I hope her husband is alright," Jessica said, Mrs Winters had always been kind and thoughtful of Jessica since the day she set foot in Romania.

"She'll be fine, I've known Mrs Winters for nearly three years, she was the person who helped me when I first came here," Charlie told her.

"You've been here for three years?" Jessica questioned

"Yeah, I left for Romania as soon as I graduated," Charlie said,

"But your family surely they miss you," Jessica said, remember how close his family were and how much Mr and Mrs Weasley adored all their children.

"Yeah they do, but my mum and dad knew from a young age that this is what I'd be doing with my life," Charlie said, Jessica nodded but Charlie continued.

"Would my mum love me to settle down to have grandchildren one day sure, but she has six other kids she can get them from I don't plan on having any children," he said,

Jessica still didn't say anything, she got the feeling this was something Charlie struggled with, what his parents expected. Jessica was so deep in thought she didn't realise he spoke to her

"Jess? Jessica," Charlie said

"What?"

"I said, what about you?" Charlie asked

"What about me what?" she asked, he turned back to cooking his omelette.

"Do want a family?" he asked with his back to her, Jessica thought about her answer.

"I don't know, I always thought I'd be a clumsy parent," she heard Charlie chuckle "I always wanted brothers when I was growing up,"

"You are not missing out on anything,"

"Don't say that, your brothers and sister love you," Jessica said,

"You saw one week of my family, living with siblings is very different," Charlie stated,

"Still it's nice to a big family around you, I can't imagine how my dad is feeling all alone at home," Jessica admitted, Charlie looked down at his food, the silence made Jessica feel uncomfortable

"I don't think I'd make a good mother, never had a mother long enough to show me how," Jessica said,

"Well, you're kind of a mother," Charlie said, Jessica creased her brows, he turned around to face her.

"You're taking of River like you would a baby," Charlie said, "you jumped into a pond, to rescue your baby River," Jessica laughed at him

"I guess your right, River is my furbaby," Jessica said, laughing at her own joke. 

Charlie sat down opposite Jessica, he began to think of what kind of future he would have with here. His life goal was to help and care for these animals, having a girlfriend never entered his mind, but here she was Jessica Harper, his girlfriend.