Chapter 53

Charlie never expected his parents and sibling to stay at Grimmauld the whole time, nearly his whole family were involved in the Order of the Phoenix. Though he greatly appreciated the privacy he and Jessica had with their children. 

Valentine's day was coming up soon, and Charlie had the perfect dinner planned for him and Jessica. He just needed to settle Archie and the girls down first. While Jessica took River for a walk, Charlie hurried to give both twins their bottles, and settle them down a nap,

"Archie," Charlie called

"Dad, I'm reading," Archie said, holding a picture book looking through the pages.

"Go and get your jammies," he told, Archie let out a big sigh as though Charlie was interrupting something important.

Archie walked to the bottom of the stairs, he began his climb up to his mum and dad's bedroom. Once he reached the second floor, he sat outside his uncle Fred and George bedroom, taking a rest as he climbed the third set of stairs, he ran to his dad's room, grabbing his red onesie.

He hurried along the hallway, throwing the onesie down the stairs, getting back down the stairs was easier than climbing them. Once he reached his onesie he picked it up throwing it further down the stairs, he picked it up hurrying into the living room.

"I got it, daddy!"

"Shh," Charlie held his finger up to his mouth, "Mary and Anna are sleep, so we need to be really quiet," he whispered

"Okay," he whisper, Archie cupped his around his mouth, "can you put my jammies on?"

Charlie chuckled, hurrying to get him ready for bed, he was hoping that by the time they returned to Romania, Archie would have his own room and his first bed. Rather than sharing with his mum and dad, Jessica returned to the Burrow, River hurtled through the kitchen.

"Fun walk,"

"Fun? I was chasing her through the bloody fields," Charlie tried to refrain from laughing.

"She saw a rabbit, then was like 'bye mum' I don't even know what made her come back, she's never run off before," Jessica said, evidently stressed out with River actions on her walk,

"I'm sure it's just a one-off, she might be missing the animals," Charlie said, as River was accustomed to being around many different magical animals.

"I hope so, I'm going to get cleaned up," he nodded, smiling at her as she walked up the stairs.

While she took a shower, Charlie had some time to set the table for them, he wasn't sure is Jessica remember that it was Valentine's day. Either way, had a great night planned for them, making spaghetti bolognese, knowing how much Jessica the meal.

He waved his wand, long table that had always been in his home for as long as he could remember was shrunken down to a table for two. He lit two candles, and picked just a single flower from his mother's garden, Jessica ruffled her wet hair walking downstairs in a towel, she halted her steps upon seeing the kitchen layout.

"Happy Valentine's day," he held a rose for her, she took her wand-waving it over her body, turning the towel in a red tight fitted dress. She used her wand to dry her hair, tying he wavy hair, into a loose updo.

"I don't think I've ever seen you wear anything like this,"

"I don't usually, I look terrible don't I,"

"No, definitely not terrible, you look, sexy,"

"Stop it," she said, playful shoving his shoulder, he snaked his hand around her waist, his eyes lingering over her body, he bit his lip. Jessica flicked her eyes over to the stove

"Ooh, you made spaghetti," she said, hurrying over to taste the bolognese as it still cooked. Charlie smirked as he watched her, take a spoon to taste the bolognese sauce.

"Oh my god, this is amazing," she said, covering her mouth as she spoke, "I think it's done,"

Charlie rolled his eyes at her, plating up their dinner, Jessica dug into her food, he could tell she was really enjoying her dinner. She had a small speck of Bolognese sauce on her chin, Charlie reached over the table to wipe her chin for her,

"Thank you," she said, "I'm sorry, I'm paying more attention to the food than you,"

"It's alright, you clearly enjoy it,"

"I've always loved your cooking," she commented, "I hope you like my baking,"

"What kind of things do you bake?"

"I haven't baked in such a long time, my nana use to bake with me, when I was little, I was thinking of baking with Archie, you know just me and him, I don't want him to feel left out, now the girls are taking up so much of our time,"

"I understand, now that he's a little older, I'll start taking him to feed some of the animals with me,"

"Oh, I think he'd love that," Charlie's brow flew up, "What?"

"I thought you'd protest about Archie being around the animals,"

"I know how good you are with them and I know you wouldn't let anything happen to Archie," she said, he smiled at her,

"But come back without him, and I'll ring hell fire on you,"

"Noted," she laughed,

Jessica knew Charlie wouldn't allow anything to harm Archie, he wanted to share all his knowledge and experiences with his son. He wanted to show Archie that magical creatures were nothing to be afraid of, just like he had done with his soon to be wife.