Chapter 52

Charlie didn't feel comfortable taking up so much space at Grimmauld Place, new babies in the house were waking everyone up in the middle of the night. Jessica also wanted their own space so they could at least attempt to handle three little ones.

While she knew that Molly and Arthur had good intentions, she and Charlie hadn't been given a chance to take care of all three of their children. Sometimes Molly would take Archie for a little while, so they could get Mary and Anna to sleep, Charlie had told his mother many times that she wasn't always going to be with them to take Archie.

He knew it was harsh to shut his mother down, however, he and Jessica need to be able to take care of their own children together. After all, Molly wouldn't be coming back to Romania with them, they need this time to practise handling their newborns and toddler.

"Will you let us know when you arrive back at the Burrow?" Molly asked

"Of course, Mum," Charlie hugged his mother, kissing her cheek.

"Remember we're only an owl away," Molly reminded them.

"Thank you, are you sure we're alright to stay at the Burrow?"

"You're always welcome at the Burrow," Arthur said,

Jessica hugged them both, she lifted Archie up, while Charlie held their girls. They left Grimmauld Place being waved off by the entire Black family and Charlie's family. They arrived home to River running towards them, she stopped immediately upon seeing the two latest editions to their family.

Jessica put Archie down on the floor, he ran towards the house, trying to open the door for himself. River ran after him, jumping up at the door to open it for him, Archie fell back onto his bottom. Jessica hurried to help him up, although Archie managed to help himself up, walking into the house.

Charlie settled Mary and Anna down as they had fallen asleep on the way home. Jessica tried her best to calm River's excitement, to prevent waking up the twins, as she and Charlie wanted to unpack without having to watch Mary and Anna at the same time.

Dear Charlie and Jessica,

First of all, I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, It was a pleasure to take care of River for you. She was a delight almost making me wish I had a dog of my own. I hope you don't mind, but we didn't feel right leaving her at Christmas, we invited her to spend Christmas day with us.

If you ever need a dog sitter, we'd be more than happy to take care of her for you.

From,
Amos Diggory

"Sounds like River had a fun time," Charlie said, handing Jessica the note, she smiled, ruffling River's floppy ears.

"Did you have a good time with the Diggory's?" Jessica said, ruffling River's fur around her neck, she walked into the kitchen, taking one of Molly's many cookbooks

"I'll take that," Charlie said, easily taking the book from over her head, "you go and sit down, I'll cook dinner," he kissing lips, turning her around gently giving her a push to walk into the living room. Jessica walked to the room slumping down on the sofa.

"Mummy," Archie said, patting Jessica's knee, "Can I play with River?"

"Yes, quietly, though we don't want to wake Mary and Anna," she said, he put his finger up to his mouth shushing her as he tiptoed to find River.

Jessica chuckled at him, Archie always managed to put a smile on her face, she laid on her side, rest her head on the arm of the sofa. Closing her eyes for just a moment, according to Aimee Burke the number one tip with twins is 'When they're sleeping, you should be sleeping'

That may have been easier for Aimee than Molly, as she only had twins, whereas Molly had three older children when she had Fred and George. Archie was easily entertained. Whether it was following River around or going with Charlie to feed some of the animals.

Charlie had finished cooking a meal for him and Jessica, as he was just about to call her from the living room. Archie walked in crying holding his arm, Charlie lifted him up sitting him on the kitchen side, trying to get him to calm down enough so he could tell him what had happened.

"Deep breathe," Charlie said, taking a deep breath with Archie, he still had little sniffles,

"What happened?" Charlie asked,

"I hurt my arm-" he coughed,

"Where did you hurt it?" Charlie said,

"The floor,"

"No, I mean where on your arm," Charlie said, pointing to his arm, Archie pointed to the part of his arm that was hurting him, Charlie gently lifted his jumper off so he could have a look.

"It looks alright, here," he took Archie to the bathroom,

"When I was a little boy, my mummy use to have a potion that she would put on any bruise or cut that me or uncle Bill, uncle Ron, auntie Ginny, especially uncle Fred and uncle George, would get," Charlie sat him on the side next to the sink, as he looked through the cupboards.

"Not uncle Percy?" he said

"No Percy didn't like playing outside, with us, he rarely got cuts and bruises," Charlie told him, "I've found it," he took the top of dabbing a small amount onto a cloth, gently dabbing the ointment on Archie's arm.

"There we go all better,"

"Are we going home?" Archie asked

"Not yet, I think we'll stay for a while, you can see, nana and granddad, and we have mine and mummy's wedding to plan, you'll have a nice suit on, red tie of course,"

"That's silly, daddy," he laughed

"Mummy will love it,"