Chapter 29

The day had come for Charlie and Jessica to leave for New Zealand, despite Jessica fainting a new days earlier, she still wanted to accompany Charlie on his trip. Charlie double checked that they had everything only thing he had left to do was bring along two Granians, another type of winged horse.

Jessica was still in denial about her recent hospital trip, but nevertheless, she still wanted to accompany Charlie on his trip to New Zealand. Mrs Winters had packed Charlie and Jessica food as they could be out there for many days before they find the dragon.

Jessica put their individual bags into Charlie backpack which had an extension charm, on it so it was lightweight while they travelled. Charlie came back he took his bag from Jessica, she followed him outside where two winged horses stood, they were small enough to pass for a muggle horse. Charlie walked both horses into his backpack.

"Why are we taking them with us?" Jessica asked

"It'll be easier to travel over the valleys on horseback rather than on foot," Charlie explained, "everything should be ready, are you sure you want to go, you know you can stay here-

"Charlie, I'm fine, I'm not immobile, I can go with you," Jessica said, Charlie nodded holding Jessica's hand as they left for New Zealand.

Once they arrived in New Zealand they had found the easiest route to the valleys, where the Antipodean Opaleye Dragon usually resided. Unlike most dragons the Antipodean Opaleye enjoyed the open spaces that the valleys in New Zealand could offer, Charlie went into his backpack bringing out the two Granians. He held his wand up their wings, casting a simple illusion charm to hide their wings.

"Wow, they actually look like muggle horses now," Jessica said,

"Yeah, that's the plan, which one do you want?" Charlie said, Jessica gazed at the horse.

"Which one is the least stubborn one?" Jessica asked.

"You'll want Rhyme," Charlie handed her the reins to a black horse.

"I can't get on," She said, as the horse was still tall, Charlie lifted Jessica onto Rhyme

"Hold the reins like this," Charlie showed her, "Rhyme, a good mare, she'll just follow behind Crunchie," Charlie said,

"Let's go!" Charlie said, as he mounted Crunchie. The horse immediately began walking along the trail, as Charlie said, Rhyme followed behind Crunchie.

A week had passed and they hadn't seen any sign of the Dragon anywhere, not even a nesting area, tracks or any kind of trail but Charlie was still hopeful. They had taken a break to set up the tent for the night, Jessica sat outside to look at the stars in the skies. The sight was truly magical, she felt comforted by the stars, she rested her hands on her stomach.

Jessica was in deep thought of what the next seven months held for her and Charlie. Jessica was nudged by Rhyme who wanted her carrot, Jessica handed the carrot to the horse, petting the horse's nose. She was comfortable with Rhyme, she had a really calm temperament about her. Charlie came out of the tent sitting beside Jessica.

"How are you feeling?" Charlie asked

"Tired, I have a little bit of Heartburn too," Jessica admitted,

"Do you want to go to bed?" Charlie asked, Jessica nodded

Charlie held her hand as she stood up, Charlie tied up Rhyme with Crunchie. Once he was inside the tent he zipped it down, laying with Jessica with his arm lazily over her. The pair slept soundly, though it was the first time Jessica had slept soundly as she was often kept awake by the nocturnal animals, birds making horrid noises.

A rustling disturbed the horses which woke Jessica up, this time the horses were spooked, she nudged Charlie awake. He turned over, pulling the blanket over his head, Jessica ripped the blanket off of him, Charlie sat up rubbing his eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked

"There's something outside," Jessica whispered,

Charlie grabbed his wand in case, he needed it, he exited the tent, he cast 'Lumos' to see in the dark. Charlie calmed Rhyme and Crunchie down, moving his hand in soothing circles on their chest. As the horse calmed he looked around for the sneaky animal scurrying around their tent.

Charlie heard the creature in the bushes, he smiled upon seeing the little animal, he cast 'immobulus' on the animal knowing how fast they run. He picked up the animal, walking towards the tent, he held the creature tightly so it didn't jump and run away.

"This is what you heard," Charlie said, showing it to Jessica, she back away.

"Seriously Jess, it's a hare, he's hardly about to hurt you," Charlie said,

Jessica relaxed shuffling over to Charlie handed the Hare to her, Jessica hesitantly held him, Charlie reminded her to hold him tightly. But Jessica miss judged how tightly to hold the Hare is it jumped down racing out of the tent. Charlie chuckled at her. He laid back down, pulling Jessica down with him, they needed all the sleep they could get.