Chapter 59

Jessica sat on the floor, with River beside her and Mary attempting to stand up on her own, she was supposed to help Charlie pack for Romania. However, the girls woke up before they started, and Molly and Arthur were taking Ron and Ginny to the platform for their 6th and 5th year.

Archie stood behind Anna as she was holding herself up on the coffee table. He stood behind her in case she tumbled backwards, he was a good big brother to his sisters. Jessica thought a lot about whether she truly wanted to leave, Charlie had to go back, as some new animals were being transferred and a Dragon was due for his flight test again.

She worried more for her father than ever now, with the Dark Lord truly being back and alive. She was scared that her father would be hunted down, for 'stealing' magic. That's what that horrid woman at the ministry believed that Muggleborns were stealing magic that wasn't theirs.

A barbaric belief in Jessica's eyes, you can't steal magic you're born with it. Her father had records at the ministry, when he worked there, even if he was retired now, it wouldn't be difficult for a Death Eater to figure out that he was Muggleborn and come looking for him for 'interrogations'.

"Jess, I'm nearly done, just have a few last-minute things to pack," Charlie said, coming downstairs, "shall I get dinner started?" she nodded, he smiled at her, walking into the kitchen

"Maybe I shouldn't go," she said, once he was out of sight.

"What?" he questioned poking his head around the corner,

"Charlie, I can't leave my father alone,"

"You know I have to go back right," he said, she bit her lip nodding her head lightly

"I sound so selfish right now-

"Hold on, why are you selfish?" he said "there's no shame in wanting to protect your father, Mrs Winters, can't handle the Dragons on her own, so I have to leave,"

"How long will it take?" she asked

"Could take a few weeks up to a few months," he explained

"Can't you bring the animals here in your bag?" she asked

"Yes, but where would I help a Dragon learn how to fly,"

"I suppose you couldn't do that," she looked down at her feet, Charlie lifted her chin with finger to look at him,

"I know you're worried about him, I also know you'll do nothing but worry back at the sanctuary," she nodded,

"As much as I want you to come with me, I can't make you, if you want to stay here that's fine," he walked away from her, Jessica knew in his voice that he wasn't happy with her.

"Charlie wait, I -

"We're back, the rain outside is dreadful," Molly said, drying herself and Arthur as if Molly could sense the tension, Jessica walked into the living room, to avoid any questioning from them. She put a smile on her face as she entered the kitchen,

"Before we go home, I'm going to take the kids to see my Grandparents," she stated, Charlie nodded not saying much in response. Jessica took Anna and Mary to get dressed.

"What was that about?" Molly asked Charlie once Jessica left the kitchen

"Nothing, I'm just tired,"

"You've always had all the time in the world for Jessica, so what's the cold shoulder for?"

"Mum I appreciate that you're trying to help, will you just let me deal with it," he asked

"Of course hunny, I'm here if you need anything, I always am," he smiled at her,

***

Jessica arrived on the muggle street that her father grew up on, she immediately smiled upon seeing her grandparents home. Archie was excited to see the inside of a muggle home, he knew his mother's grandparents were muggles, he would tell everyone he'd meet.

"Jessica, my darling, you should have told us you were coming, you know it takes longer for us to clean up the house," her grandfather joked, kissing her cheek.

"Do you want a biscuit?" her Grandfather asked Archie he nodded going to the kitchen with Jessica's grandmother.

"I would have told you, it completely went over my head, I brought pictures," she said, sitting with her grandfather, he looked at the honeymoon pictures,

"I always like wizards photography, you're literally catching the moment,"

"Are you looking at pictures without me," her grandmother said,

"No dear, I'd never,"

Jessica laughed, over 50 years of marriage and they were still as in love as ever, she could see it the way her grandfather would talk to his wife as though they were still teens in love. Jessica hoped that her and Charlie's marriage would turn out like her grandparents.

"Is it bad?" her grandmother asked, she creased her brows, confused as to what she meant "your world, is it dangerous again?"

"Erm, no it's just rumoured at the minute, nothing has been proven,"

"It awful, back in the 70s it was just terrible, your father recalled a nice young man, not much younger than you, he helped evacuate the village,"

Jessica remembered that night, she had only lost her mother just a few months before, it might have been unrelated to Lord Voldemort. However, she remembered just how much her father vowed to keep her safe, of course at the age she had no idea just how much risk her father was in.

Being a muggleborn and a possible target had never occurred to her before, 'maybe father can handle himself,' she thought he had lived through the height of the war against the Dark Lord and survived. She needed to trust that her father would be fine.