Chapter 62

"Focus!" Charlie shouted to Jessica

"I can't," she said, Charlie fired hex and curse in her direction

"Don't let me get you, Jess," Charlie said, she quickly hid behind a tree, one of Charlie hexes breaking the bark on the tree,

"Just wait!" she yelled

"A death eater isn't going to wait," he said "Everte Statum!"

"Ah," she winced,

"Fumos," she cast, a thick cloud of smoke, hid her from Charlie, while she ran to another location.

"You can't keep hiding Jess - Woah," he ducked, as an arrow flew past him, just missing his face, another Arrow flew closely past him. As the smoke faded, he was taken off his feet, Jessica held her wand at his throat as she sat on his stomach.

"Any last words," she said, smirking at her victory

"You seem to be better at Conjuring rather than actually spells," she rolled her eyes standing up,

"Here," he cupped her face, examining her. He knew that he had caught her and checked that she was okay, he rubbed his thumb across her cut lip. "I'm sorry,"

"It's not your fault you're only trying to help me," she said, leaning up to kiss him, he smiled at her.

"Come on, we should get back," Charlie said, draping his arm over her shoulder.

"How did I do?" she asked

"You're getting better every time, that smoke charm worked pretty, I couldn't see a thing, but you nearly took my eye out,"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean-

"No, you need to take death eaters eyes out," she chuckled "better them than you,"

***

Jessica had a relaxing bath after the lessons she had been having none stop Charlie had been testing her and for the most part it was working. Just every now and then she would lose focus, then Charlie would catch her with a hex, usually, they weren't too harmful, but some had cut her.

She pushed through, hoping to make herself stronger, and like every other time before, guilt flooded Charlie that he hurt her. Jessica always reassured him that she needed to learn and that she was bound to be caught a few times, Charlie was duelling champion while at Hogwarts, he was better than her by a mile off.

She leaned her head back on the tub, her eyes fell heavy as she soaked in the hot water, she slid under the water. She held her breath, she emerged above the surface, slicking her hair back, she blew water out of her nose. She flicked her wand which brought a towel closer to her, wrapping itself around Jessica's body, she laid on her bed, closing her eyes for just a moment.

"Dad, are we going to see nana soon?" Archie asked, with his mouth full of pasta.

"Yes, hopefully for Christmas," he said, Archie danced in his seat. "What's taking mum so long?"

"Eat your dinner, I'll be down in a second," he headed upstairs, he pushed open his bedroom door, River was laid on their bed, resting her head on Jessica's legs. He sat on the bed, he moved some of the wet hair sticking to her forehead.

"Baby," he said, she stirred, sitting up, "are you okay, I thought you were coming downstairs,"

"Yeah, I must have dozed off," he chuckled, kissing her forehead

"I wanted you to try something with Meg and Abi if that's alright with you," she yawned

"It depends what have in mind,"

"Nothing you couldn't handle," she smiled at him, she pressed her lips against his, pulling him down on the bed with her, she snuggled up close to him. "Don't fall asleep,"

"Ugh, I'll be down in a bit," she groaned.

She wrapped her hair into a bun, even if she knew it would end up in tangles she was too tired to properly do her hair. Charlie held his finger up to his lips, pointing into the living room, Archie was laid asleep on the sofa while Anna and Mary slept in the travel crib.

Jessica grabbed a magic ball that would light up whenever the children woke up. They hurried to the Wampus enclosures they didn't want to leave the children alone for too long. Charlie let Jessica lead the way as Meg and Abi imprinted on her seeing Jessica as their handler rather than Charlie.

"What exactly do you want me to do?" Jessica asked

"I want to see for myself how well they listen to you," Charlie asked

"What makes you think they listen to me,"

"I don't know, but if they do, they could be a great help with the right training," Charlie said, she looked around the enclosure, she couldn't see them anywhere

"Wampus Cats, are incredibly strong and fast, almost impossible to kill and they have the power of hypnosis, and Legilimency,"

"Really, but Meg and Abi are harmless,"

"To you, yes," Charlie stated "they've been known to bond very closely to those that they deem worthy of their trust,"

"Meaning?"

"While ever they trust you, they'd be willing sacrifice their life for you, in order to protect you,"

"They won't be bonded to anyone else,"

"I know, but if we get them to listen to your every command, they could be unstoppable,"

"Alright, Meg! Abi!" she called, she heard low growls, from behind them, she turned to see one of them growling at Charlie, Jessica stood in front of him

"No, Meg," she warned, the Wampus cat flicked her eyes between the two of them, reluctantly backing down, Meg walked past the pair climbing up a nearby tree.

"She listened to me,"

"Imagine what they could do with some training,"