chapter 7.

°°
There is a swelling storm
And I'm caught up in the middle of it all
And it takes control
Of the person that I thought I was
The boy I used to know
°°

Harry Styles

It's been a whirlwind of a night, an absolutely whirlwind.

Harlow made one of her little stripper friends give me a lap dance, she then went off in a rant about the term ladylike, then Daniel threw a rock through her window which I now have to pay for, then she slapped me, then I got too close to revealing things and now I'm driving four drunk idiots home.

Thankfully Liam isn't as bad as the other three, he's only had a few because he actually has brain cells unlike Niall, Louis and Zayn who are pretty much children. Even when they're sober it's still a case of having to babysit them, so they're genuinely lucky they have talents they bring to the gang because otherwise they'd not last a day. The immaturity is painful, I mean how do three grown men genuinely find someone saying the word boobs hilarious?

Whilst trying to drown out the three idiots sitting in the back of my car, my mind keeps wandering to that letter. 'Get out while you can', I don't understand it. It's Daniel fucking Kennedy and messing with my head is what he does best, to the point I can rarely tell when he's actually warming me or making things up. This is one of those times.

He's nothing but a coward when it comes to meeting face to face, however mind games is his speciality.

I know so much about Harlow already, so much more than she thinks I do but there's also lots I'm yet to discover on my own. Is there something she's involved in? At one point I even questioned whether or not she was part of them, like I had just fallen into the biggest trap to ever exist, but I know better than that. There's no way she could be, she wouldn't be able to pull it off and I know how to spot someone in a gang, she's not it. She's troubled, there's a lot on her mind but she's not part of a gang.

So what's the catch? There's something, she has secrets, and lots of them.

"So Styles, when's Harlow coming home with you?" Asks Louis from the back, definitely trying to wind me up.

Not as soon as I'd like Louis.

"I liked her outfit tonight, she looked fit" Adds Zayn to which the rest of the boys rush to agree.

I'm sure if Harlow was here all three of them would be getting a slap, and I can assure you that she's not gentle with it either.

It was so unexpected from her, I was left at a loss for words. I thought she was all pretty face, long legs and an old soul, not the feisty type.

If I'm being completely honest, it was hot and I'll give her that. I don't think there's ever been a girl stand up to me like that, I didn't know what to do or what to say. Looking back in hindsight though, it was hot.

This morning I liked her because she was quiet and didn't fight back, it was much easier to piss her off. When she's actually awake and talkative it's so much much harder because she just pisses me off even more in return. She's aggravating as fuck but poor birdy clearly struggles with coping with her anger and stress, I know how to get under her skin now.

"I'd love to fuck her, I reckon-"

"Will you three do me a favour and shut the fuck up? Yous are giving me a fucking headache." Liam shouts back, interrupting Niall which clearly left him offended.

Liam actually has maturity and that's why we get on the most. I trust Liam with my personal problems, the things unrelated to the gang because he's more of a friend rather than a kid I babysit. He's the only one that knows all about my deal with Harlow and he's the only one out of the four of them I want to know. Niall, Zayn and Louis know just as much as Harlow does.