chapter 34.

°°
In an unusual place, when you're feeling far away
She does what the night does to the day
She's thunderstorms
°°

Harlow Dean

That might have been the strangest journey home from the club ever. Harry wouldn't stop talking and I told him to shut up because my favourite song came on but he said no and kept talking about The Great Gatsby.

Don't get me wrong I love The Great Gatsby but I'm more of a Pride and Prejudice and Little Women kinda person. There's also only a certain amount of times you can hear the names Daisy and Tom without growing sick of them.

I find it so interesting that he reads a lot of classics though, it's kinda wholesome considering he's this scary, gang leading man. You hear gang leader and stereotypically you picture this tattooed, tall, muscly, psycho guy who has drug issues and attitude problems.

That might be Harry but he's also this guy who plays guitar, sings, reads and has such an interesting background.

That's another thing, he told me he sings and I'm yet to hear him. He has good music taste, I remember when he criticised me for wearing that Rolling Stones t-shirt and that pissed me off. It still does because what the fuck? But at least I know he has good music taste.

That's still no excuse for singing through my favourite song the whole way home.

Willow greeted us as soon as we got in, however ignored me and went straight to Harry. Traitor. When he sat down on my couch she went to him too so I just gave up with even talking to her and went to make myself a coffee.

Your mother  just had a very hectic night, have some respect Willow.

"Harlow it's 2AM, you better not be having a cup of coffee." Harry warns, shifting his gaze from Willow to me for the first time since he stepped foot in my house.

Why does he sound like my mother?

"So it's the equivalent of 8PM in our time zone, cut me some slack." I shot back whilst pouring extra strong instant coffee into a cup. "You want one?"

And I have the cheek to wonder why I never sleep.

My mother created a mentally ill, caffeine addicted girl who often struggles with an identity crisis, doesn't know how to cope with anything, thinks she's incapable of love and then left her to figure things out. Surprise, surprise - I haven't figured anything out.

"No, I've had my fair share of drugs tonight. Caffeine is a drug Birdy." Harry tells me with that look somebody wears when they tell you something revolutionary.

Does he think I don't know that?

"Yes I know, but caffeine isn't nearly as deadly as the drugs you take. So stop judging me because I don't judge you." I sigh, tipping water into my cup.

I even poured some milk into my coffee tonight, don't say I'm not good to myself.

Harry's still talking to my cat like she's human, he didn't strike me as the cat type but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the slightest bit cute. Mr tall, dark and handsome talking to a little grey cat in a baby voice like she's human, it's sweet.

I can't believe there's a man in my house right now. I can't believe Harry is in my house, talking to my cat and acting concerned about my caffeine intake. Is this what it's like to be normal and not afraid of the slightest thing?

Harry stands up and immediately Willow rushes over to me in the kitchen whilst Harry inspects my shelf full of records. He picked out a few, inspecting the back and front before slotting them back into their alphabetical ordered place on my shelf. Then there was 'Suck It And See' by the Arctic Monkeys that he seemed to take a lot of interest in. I don't know why because the cover is literally plain white but it's a great album, maybe that's why.