chapter 76.

°°
Everything's all right
Just hold on tight
That's because I'm a good old-fashioned lover boy
°°

Harry Styles

Harlow and her little damp cloth trick seemed to work wonders, because I woke up with no sign of a headache or hangover, thank fucking god. I actually feel fresh as a daisy, and waking up next to Harlow tangled in the crinkled white sheets never fails to put me in a good mood.

She was already awake when my eyes opened, looking at me with an inviting smile on her face as her croaky morning voice gave me the standard 'morning'. She sounds like an angel when she talks, but when she sings it's like pure heaven. Perhaps that's the reason I woke up without a hangover, because her and her angelic voice somehow managed to rid me of all ill.

I pulled her into my chest and for a few minutes she just lay there listening to my heartbeat and drawing around the pattern of the butterfly on my stomach, which made my heart flutter. When she sat up, she then rested her head on her elbows with her chest flush against mine and an innocent smile on her face.

I wish we could stay like this forever and I wish I didn't have to go off and fight tonight, because for some reason I've actually enjoyed the peace which isn't often given. The fact that this isn't just a normal fight, but one where it puts an end to the rivalry between us and also, I did stupidly put Harlow's life on the line.

I'm confident we'll win, and even if we don't she's safe, because there's no way in hell any of us will let her go with him. They might be related by blood, but she's not one of them and I'm not letting them take and corrupt her. She doesn't deserve it.

She doesn't deserve any of this and it's my fault, so I'm fixing it all tonight.

No matter what.

Harlow jumped out of bed after telling me she loved me through broken kisses which somehow only seemed to grow my love for her. It's funny how the second I think I love her the most I possibly can, I take one more look at her and instantly fall ten times harder.

Unable to stay away from her, I get up from bed and head straight to her bathroom where she's brushing her teeth. I wrap my arms around her waist and rest my head on her shoulder. She handed my own toothbrush back to me and shoved it into my mouth as she then proceeded to spit her toothpaste down the sink and rub god knows what fancy shit onto her face.

She always puts things on her face in the morning and I don't know what any of it is, but it makes her look a lot more awake and fresh. She looks beautiful either way but whatever 'rose water' is clearly works wonders.

"What's that?" I ask her as she opens this liquid and drops a few droplets onto her face with an actual dropper.

I don't think I've seen one of those since I failed science in school.

"Keeps my skin fresh." She says, pulling the toothbrush from my mouth and rinsing it under the tap as I bend over to spit down the sink.

"Can I have some?" I ask again, completely fascinated by this whole routine of random liquids and creams she rubs on her face every morning.

Harlow turns around with a little giggle and pushes the hair out of my face, tucking the few strands that reach my ears behind them. When she drops a few drops of that stuff onto my face I flinch at how unexpectedly cold it is and she just laughs and then rubs it into my face with her soft hands.