chapter 86.

This song is the one that inspired the whole story, I highly suggest listening to it for this chapter!!!

'Wings' by Birdy.

°°
I just wanna be by your side
If these wings could fly
For the rest of our lives
°°

8 months later.

May 2021.

Harlow Dean

We've made it.

Things have fallen into place lately, everything has fallen into place.

Harry and I moved in together after what felt like years of searching for somewhere new. I was always going to be happy with anything, there were so many beautiful studio apartments that I'd have been over the moon with, but Harry didn't want a studio apartment, he wanted something more us.

An old fashioned house with brick walls and a more traditional layout on the outskirts of the town completely excluded from the city life. The garden isn't massive, but it's manageable and Harrys taken up the task of planting different flowers and plants in a way to honour Liam. My piano lives in the corner of the living room, just to the side of the french doors leading to the back garden with sunflowers that are just beginning to grow in time for summer.

This house is everything I'd ever have dreamed of, and not only is it my home, but it's harrys too and that's a blessing in itself.

Decorating this place was maybe the most enjoyable part. There wasn't much that needed done but Harry wanted to paint a few walls, so we did. I dug out my old painting dungarees and slowly painted away at the walls we decided to change.

Harry would always try and help, although he'd get more paint in himself than on the walls. Somehow it would always end up in his hair, on his chest, all over his arms and he seemed to think that meant he had to make sure I was covered in paint too. When he'd get bored he'd pick up a brush and unexpectedly wipe the brush over my face to wind me up, therefore I always ended up just as much of a mess as he'd be in.

Although sometimes he'd just sit back and watch, strumming away at his guitar or whistling along to a song of his own with the french doors open to let in the spring air.

Once we settled in and made all the finishing touches, we adopted a cat. His name is Freddie and he only has one eye, but he's gorgeous and Harry fell in love with him the second he laid eyes on him in the shelter.

Realistically, it's the closest thing we'll ever get to having a proper family, but Harry treats Freddie like it's his first born child so I don't think that really matters to us.

Harry's nickname for the cat is Mercury because he's convinced that Freddie Mercury has reincarnated into a cat who went blind in one eye and abandoned for months. He also loves singing songs to him, especially Queen songs in the hopes for a 'sign' that it is in fact the reincarnated version of Freddie Mercury living with us.

I remember one morning I was humming 'Stone Cold Crazy' and Freddie meowed, which of course sent Harry into a frenzy over how that was the sign he's been waiting for. He still brings that up at least twice a day, but it's actually really cute how excited he gets over the cat so genuinely, I don't mind.

Although it hasn't all been happy families; Demi left the city with her mother last week without saying goodbye.

The only reason it hurt so much is because of everything we've been through. After that whole fiasco with Daniel I paid for her mothers needs and everything that Daniel did because I know how it feels to lose someone that close to you. We didn't talk much but I just presumed that was because she was giving Harry and I space so we could settle in.