chapter 44.

°°
The past was yours
But the future's mine
You're all out of time
°°

Harlow Dean

I don't know what part of me thought telling Harry he could get ready at mine was a good idea, all he's done is purposefully tried to annoy me. We took the long way home this afternoon which meant I had less time to get ready and I probably wouldn't arrive at the club until opening time, so I was already pretty stressed.

Now add a man into the equation and automatically stress levels raise by a hundred.

I told him I was going in the shower and he kept asking to join me which would've been lovely I'm sure, only I do have places to be and we've lost enough time already. When I got out of the shower he kept telling me to just join him in his shower and promised to leave me alone, however even me just standing there watching him shower takes up time so unfortunately I had to decline.

Maybe another time.

When he got out of the shower he decided to walk around without drying himself off, dripping water everywhere and completely naked. Of course I wasn't phased, however I think my poor cat is traumatised.

Thankfully now he's wearing a pair of boxers yet I'm still sitting on the floor in my dressing gown trying to do my makeup in front of my floor to ceiling mirrors, and Harry has decided to join me.

I'm probably the most unorganised woman ever, I could easily sit at a desk and do my makeup or do it in the bathroom but no, I sit on the floor in front of my mirror with makeup scattered across the floor.

This is how the bad bitches get ready, I don't make the rules.

...the bad bitches who also hate themselves.

Harry hasn't really said anything since he decided to sit cross legged beside me in front of the mirror, watching me pretend like I actually know how to put makeup on. Although he has been staring at me like I'm doing something genuinely mesmerising and I'd be lying if I didn't think it was a little odd.

Never have I seen a man so intrigued by somebody doing their makeup before.

Then again, the men I usually surround myself with are class A arseholes.

"No offence, but I don't really like this colour." He says, holding up a tube of concealer and investigating it as if it's gold. "It's too much like your skin, won't it make it look like you have no lips?"

Does he think that's lipgloss?

"It's concealer." I tell him through a slight chuckle, taking it out from his hands.

"I knew that." He says, dramatically rolling his eyes at me.

Seems like it.

He stared at me with his beady eyes as opened it and swiped it under my eyes, as if I was actually doing something worth him catching flies like that. I don't know if he's released, but his mouth is actually wide open and I don't think he's blinked in the last two minutes.

Weird man.

When he did realise he was staring at me he let out a little cough as if that was his way of covering it up, then he dived back into the makeup bag with half its contents spilling out across the floor.

It's funny because he's clearly just as used to this as I am. He told me he's never had a girlfriend and I've had one boyfriend who used me for sex, I think we're both new to whatever is going on between us.

That's the worst thing about this, it started as fake and now I don't even know what's real or fake. I see Harry and get butterflies...you don't get butterflies when you see the guy who you're faking a relationship with.