chapter 63.

TW/ / mentions of suicide

°°
Cause I'd rather go blind
Than let you down.
°°

Harry Styles

I've been watching Harlow get progressively more drunk for at least two hours now and each time I've sat next to she told me to go away, so I did because I really don't wanna annoy her more than I already have.

I've been watching her though and not even the alcohol seemed to bring a smile to her face. When somebody looked at her she'd smile at them so friendly and when she'd go up to the bar to get herself another drink she'd smile then too. Although when she sat down at her little table hidden in the corner, she painted the saddest picture ever.

"Harlow looks like she's having fun." Louis points out sarcastically.

I just rolled my eyes at him because his sarcastic remarks are the last thing I want to hear right now. I've already gotten enough shit for not doing coke with them, but why would I do coke when I have a girlfriend having a silent meltdown in the corner.

Girlfriend.

It sounds weird saying that, but I like it.

"I like Harlow," Niall adds, "she's like really-"

"Stop talking about her." I interrupt, scowling at him from across the table.

Everyone apart from Liam looked at each other smugly, Zayn even chanted out an 'oooh' but it soon turned into a yelp when I jolted my foot forward to kick him in the leg. That's what he gets for being annoying.

"Chill mate, nobody's stealing her from you." Louis chuckles.

"But if you give us the chance..." Zayn chips in, gaining a laugh from everyone but me, of course.

How come the second I know she's actually my girlfriend everyone keeps trying to flirt with her when she's not even here. They also did see her dead cat just over an hour ago, and clearly she isn't okay so I really don't think how's the best time to be making jokes like that.

Sighing, I stand up and I roll my eyes at their annoying remarks, "I'm leaving."

Now my task was trying to get Harlow to speak to me and then get her to come home with me. I'm not leaving here without her, even if she hates me but it's for her own benefit. If I leave her it'll be just my luck that Daniel decides to pay her a visit and I'm not letting any member of that gang step within a 50 metre radius of her.

She's still sitting at her small table alone in the corner, out of the way of the lights and the people at her club. The worst thing is that she looks so sad and fed up, yet keeps firing back alcohol like it's just one of her excessive cups of coffee.

She didn't realise I was standing opposite her until I sat down in the chair, much to her disappointment of course.

"Hi birdy." I smile across at her, prying the pint glass from her grip and holding it up to my nose to figure out what she's drinking.

Vodka.

Great.

She really is sad right now. Nobody drinks vodka straight out of a pint glass for two hours straight and to be honest, after the night she's had I don't blame her. Also, usually vodka makes you go wild, Harlow has sat with her head in her hands all night.

"Home time for us birdy, you drinking the last of this?" I ask her, to which she quickly grabs the glass and tips it back with no reaction at all.

Remind me to never do shots with her because she will fucking destroy me. Seems that birdy is a little drinking machine.