chapter 15.

°°
Oh, 'cause they will run you down, down 'til the dark
Yes and they will run you down, down 'til you fall
And they will run you down, down 'til you go
Yeah, so you can't crawl no more
°°

Harry Styles

What idiot decides to meet in a dark car park in the afternoon? Daniel fucking Kennedy that's who. It couldn't have been at the field or the old casino because where is he supposed to hide his men?

I'm not stupid. I don't know what this is but I know we're not gonna be alone, hence the fact I had all four boys following me, fully aware of what to look for and when to pounce. I have backup, my backup has backup, and even my backups backup has backup. I am not getting outsmarted by Daniel, not again.

There's just something about that feeling I get when I'm driving through the city, knowing I'm about to have a face to face conversation with my enemy that fills me with adrenaline. That adrenaline doubles when the reason for this little meeting of ours is unexpected.

When I pull into the car park he's stood leaning against his motorbike wearing his blue tinted sunglasses, which makes him look absolutely ridiculous considering it's dark as shit. The second hand embarrassment I'm greeted with each time I'm faced with him is so overwhelming that I literally have to take a minute to collect myself before actually going out and talking to him, otherwise I'll not be able to take in a word he says without laughing at him.

"Harry, nice to-"

"None of that. What'd you want?" I interrupt, leaning against the front of a car and lighting a cigarette to calm the deep frustration I'm already feeling.

He must think I'm brain dead, I saw the two motorbikes hidden in the corner, I know we're not alone. Whether these guys are here to protect Daniel or not I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me considering the man can't fight for himself.

"Things have been a bit tense lately, don't you think? Especially with you and Harlow becoming a thing." He states, pacing in front of his bike with his hands behind his back. "I'm not falling for it."

Of course he's not.

"Well Daniel I'm not proving my relationship status to you." I sigh, chuckling slightly at the thought of actually explaining myself to this dickhead.

"I'm not asking you to prove it, I'm just saying it's a little strange how you find out some things and suddenly you're with her." Scoffs Daniel in disbelief.

Now I've got to defend Harlow like she's my actual girlfriend, great.

That being said, I do feel bad for the stunt I pulled this morning looking at it in hindsight. She looked worried, stressed even and I probably shouldn't have been a dick towards her if this fake relationship is going to be going on for as long as I think it will.

Usually I wouldn't care about hurting someone's feelings but knowing Harlow it'll only make her act more bitter towards me and I really don't want to deal with her being all bitchy.

"Tell me styles, do you love her?" Daniel asks, stopping in his tracks to look me in the eye.

I can lie about a lot of things, but I won't lie about loving someone I don't.

"I don't know, still in the early stages but things are going well. Don't suppose you'd know how relationships work though, Danny boy? Especially if you're anything like your father."

Danny boy, I love calling him that. It makes him seem like a small little child. It matches his personality.

The mention of his father was enough to change the expression on his face, and I'm glad. His father is a monster, an absolute freak of nature and Daniel refuses to acknowledge that. Mainly because deep down he's the same and proud of it.