chapter 48.

°°
I wanna know if this road belongs
To my eyes and only mine
°°

Harlow Dean

I haven't heard from Harry since he ran out of my house after freaking out over the fact I kissed him on the cheek. I found it really sweet actually, made me feel like I was in school again, having me first crush.

His car wasn't parked outside when I arrived at the club so I just assumed that he managed to pick it up when Liam got him from my house. That was a good few hours ago now, it's 11PM and I've still heard nothing from him. The rest of the guys he's usually with aren't here either which can only be a good thing, that means they're probably together.

The second I walked into this club I was pounced on by Demi who dragged me into the room where the strippers get ready. That strong intoxicating smell of hairspray fumes isn't one I can say I've missed, but I don't blame Demi for dragging me in here, I've not really spared these girls a couple of minutes recently.

"Mother H! Long time no see!" Luna sarcastic exclaims, jumping over five pairs of legs until she's throwing her arms around me. "Guys she hasn't thrown me off! She's going soft!"

"Get off!" I chuckle back, pushing Luna away from me.

I really do love the bond I have with these girls, I'm so glad we don't have the typical employer - employee relationship because it allows me to form actual friendships with my staff. Friendship is something I've really been needing in my life recently so I actually really regret not popping in to speak to them as much as I should've recently.

Demi is the only one who knows what me and Harry have is for show, but she knows to be careful around these girls so I'm sure she won't say anything. I trust her, I don't trust a lot of people either so I know she won't take that for granted.

"Tell us about everything, you've been so happy recently!" Gushes Faith, one of the other ladies crammed in the corner trying to stick on an eyelash.

Getting ready really is a sport for these girls, they all deserve gold medals. They deserve bloody trophies for the work they do. It's a whole art form and I wish people wouldn't look down on strippers so much.

The girls here came from clubs previously owned by men so you can imagine how that went for them. However now they're at a club owned by a fellow woman, they feel much safer because I know just how awful it is to be managed by a man who's nothing but hungry.

I used to be a stripper. I was only 19 at the time and I only did it for a year but my manager was a guy and it was awful. He told me to quit because I had the figure of a little boy, so I did quit. I quit, bought my own club and stole all his girls from him. Now it's the best club in the city and his club has gone bankrupt.

Karma is my best fucking friend.

"I saw them dancing to The 1975 last night." Demi adds, winking at me because she's the only one who knows it's fake, yet she's the only one who seems to catch these little moments between Harry and I.

"I was very drunk last night, suffered the consequences this morning." I laugh in an attempt to throw the conversation in a different direction, but these girls know better, of course they do.

"And I bet Harry took care of you while you were hungover!"

Not sure he had much choice, I went all panic attack mode on him.

"Yeah," I smile.

I remember waking up and being so devastated he wasn't there. He's becoming such a comfort blanket for me which is ironic when you consider his line of work. I was just confused because he told me he's meant everything he's said to me, told me he wasn't going anywhere when I was having a panic stack, and then left before I even woke up. That hurt my feelings a lot more than it probably should've, I've just woken up to an empty bed after a night of being used too often.