chapter 31.

°°
I can't escape this hell
So many times I've tried
But I'm still caged inside
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control myself
So what if you can see the darkest side of me?
No one would ever change this animal I have become
And help me believe it's not the real me
Somebody help me tame this animal
°°

Harlow Dean

Okay, this is my club and I'm allowed to act bitchy to two arseholes who aren't supposed to be here. This is my club, mess me with all you like but not my club so whatever has brought them here can be dealt with in front of me.

Harry looked fuming at the sight of them and this was all about me buying him time to get his friends to my office and snap them back into gang mode. His little act of encouragement in the form of a kiss was very unexpected but I hate to say it made me blush, a lot.

There was something in that kiss that filled me with power, which is strange considering I do own this place but whatever. Maybe it's the fact he's a full blown gang leader and I'm the club owner so it's two forms of power connecting? I have no fucking clue but bad bitch mode has been activated.

How on Earth am I going to pull this off?

Don't overthink it, I'll treat them like normal guys who've turned up to my club for the first time. I like to give new guests a warm welcome so I'll just pretend I can't see Owen. For all they know I'm just a girl who's oblivious to the situation who's just acting petty towards her ex and has also forgotten Daniel is a person. Convincing right?

"I'm Harlow, nice to meet you. I'm the owner here at Club Carnal so if this is your first time here feel free to leave a review on our social media or website but for now, can I get you a drink?" I smile at Daniel whilst my whole 'customer service' voice comes out to play.

I'm always cringing so much internally whilst greeting new people, it's so fake but if it's a group of young girls coming here I'll ditch that and act more friendly. Daniel looks like a weird businessman so it was the professional speech that came out today and still I was refusing to acknowledge Owens existence.

I could see him smirking in the corner of my eye, suddenly Harry's smirk isn't that bad because Owens has me wanting to smack it straight off his face...dick.

I'm not psycho I swear.

"You're not fooling us sweetheart, where is he?" Chuckles Daniel, judging Owen by the elbow as if that was his way of introducing us.

"I'm afraid I have no clue who you're on about." I lie, biting back the anxiousness that hits me as soon as Owens gaze met mines.

This is my club. I'm not letting him frighten me in my own place, that's low.

Daniel stepped closer to me, completely invading my personal bubble and he crouches down to bring his face closer to my ear however I stepped back to grow a comfortable space between us. There's a line and he's crossing it.

"Take a step back please." I warn him, crossing my arms in front of my chest to which both Daniel and Owen laugh.

Yes, because a woman asking a man not to invade her personal space is so hilarious. Well, maybe it is to monsters.

"It's alright Harlow, we can talk. Harry's voice says from behind me as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I've never been more glad to hear a man's voice.

I just smiled at them sarcastically before turning to Harry with a panicked expression hoping he's magically sobered up in the past five minutes. Something tells me he's not the type of person who'll gladly act drunk in front of his enemies though, thankfully.