The past

Your POV:

I let go of the hug.I wish it would last forever but I didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

"Karai is someone Leo has a crush on..... that's why he's the most affected." Donnies words suddenly filled my head.

That's right....Leo was in love with Karai... as much as I hate it....I wonder what she's like.

"Hey Leo?"

"Yes Y/N?"

"What's Karai like?" I asked. I didn't look at him just yet. If I did.

I would probably cry.

"Oh," Leo paused. "What quite do you mean?"

I took a deep breath, "She's the girl you guys can't save just yet right? There's gotta be a reason you wanna save her so much."

I heard Leo sigh. I could tell he was smiling.

"Well... shes extremely strong willed. She can be fun, and funny.  She's stern and beautiful..."

Leo gasped and covered his mouth.

"BRAVE! I MEAN BRAVE!" Leo tried to his what he had just said.

I forced a laugh, "it's okay, I know you like her.  I'm sure she feels similar."

Leo turned to me, "you think so?" He asked.

I continued to look at the stars, "yep..."

Leos POV:

"So why doesn't Karai believe you guys about splinter?" Y/N asked.

"Well.... you probably know she was raised by shredder. But he told her master splinter or, Hamato Yoshi- killed her mother."

"That's not true... right?" She asked worried.

"What? Of course not!" Y/N sighed of relief. "I just don't understand how she can't think that shredder would tell her the truth! Why would she believe him??" I started to yell from frustration.

Y/N patted my shoulder. "Well, she was raised by him... you've gotta understand that sometimes even when you know so,domes evil, you still love them." Y/N  paused and looked away from the stars and the spaced to the ground, "Trust me... I know."

What does she mean?

Y/N continued, "Karai has probably had a horrible life so shredder being there for her... only to find out it's a lie by your enemy's. You aren't gonna take it lightly.

Y/N looked at the ground and balled her hands into a fist. What did she mean by 'she knows'?
We sat in silence for a long time. I noticed her body language. She was breathing shakily and, her fists were balled up only getting tighter as each minute passed. Until finally...

"I'm... tired. I'm gonna head home early." Y/N got up and dusted her jeans.
She started to walk toward the fire escape to get down from the building.

Why.. is she leaving? Did I do something? Leo go after her! Be a leader like you should!

"Hey! Y/N! Hold on!" I yelled after her.

She kept walking.

"Y/n hold on." I grabbed her hand to make her stop and made her turn around.

.

.

.

.

.

She was... crying.

"Y/n...."

She wiped her tears. "God- I'm sorry about this"

I let go of her hand.

"y/n... hey I'm sorry." I tried to apologize for something I didn't know I did.

"What? No no. It's not you." Y/N continued to wipe her tears.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

Y/n nodded and sat down.

I sat down next to her.

"So... what's going on?" I tried to ask.

She looked down at her hands, still crumpled into fists.
She took a long shaken sigh.

"Do you wanna know why I work and live alone at 15?" She asked me and I nodded.

Tears kept falling from her eyes, "when I was younger, 13... my parents. They argued... a lot." Y/n began her story.  "My dad wasn't the nicest, he would constantly tell me how I was a retard and I would never amount to anything.. my mom was the only one who really cared but she didn't wanna anger my dads hot temper. One night... they had a big argument and my dad walked out." Y/N tried to smile, "if it stopped there, this might've been a sad story with a happy ending." Her smile faded. "But it isn't, a year later my mom left for work. I waited at home for her. I waited hours, days, weeks."
Y/Ns voice broke as her tears became heavier.

"She never came back."

" I got a job to pay for rent, I had to learn things a 14 year old should have to learn how to do. But I did...."

Y/n then collapsed into a puddle of tears.

I don't know what to do or how to confort her... just... be a Leader. The type of leader that takes charge and takes care of his followers... his friends...

I grabbed  Y/Ns head and pulled it toward my chest. I enlarged her in a hug.

"Y/N... I am, so, sorry."

I felt her hands reach up and wrap around my arms, she cried into my plastron.
Y/N opened her mouth to speak.

"Sometimes... I wonder if the both left because of me."

I held her in shock. How could she say that?

"I promise they didn't leave because of you! Y/N you are amazing! You shouldn't put all the blame on yourself!"
I noticed how close my face was to hers. I could practically feel her breathe.
I backed away.

"I-I'm sorry." I acknowledged.

Y/N didn't say anything. She just gave me another hug and I gladly accepted. I held her for almost 4 minutes.

I want to protect her. Like a leader should. Like a hero would.