Sleeping beauty

Leo's pov:

"DONNIE!!!!" I screamed in terror as I felt her body go limp.

Donnie grabbed gloves as Splinter running in.

"My sons I heard-" he gasped when he saw y/ns body.
"My daughter..." he gasped as he looked at her limp body.

All of us had faces stained of tears, even Raph and Casey who I had seldom ever seen cry.
Donnie was working tirelessly to get the blade safely out of her without much damage.

"April, do you think you could use your powers to keep her blood inside her body as I take the blade out?" D asked frantically.

April nodded and lifted her hand up to her head.
Donnie nodded as he began to pull the blade out.
The sound made Casey and raph have to leave.
We had ushered Mikey to stay out and they wanted me to too but I couldn't leave her.

Not again.

Donnie set the blade down as he quickly placed rubbing alcohol on her wounds; cleaning them. He stitched both sides of her body while nodding to April to release as he bandaged her and applied pressure to the wound.

"Is she going to be okay??" I asked Donnie as he looked at me worried.

"I don't know Leo.."

Master splinter stepped forward; we stepped back. He placed one hand on her head and one on her heart and started to chant words just below a whisper. I wasn't able to hear it.

He stepped back, "I am not sure when she will wake up. But her body is working right away to keep her alive. She will live, but it will take a while, months even." Splinter announced.

April and Donnie let out a sigh of relief as tears began to form in my eyes.

I should've noticed the blade... we celebrated too early... this is all my fault.

"A leader pushes his team in the right path, but you can't force them to continue down it. Not everything is in your control and sometimes you fail. But sometimes you need to fail... you learn. And you try."

I smiled at Y/ns comforting quote from months ago.

She'll be okay... and that's all that matters.

The next month y/n stayed In a coma. And my schedule consisted of making her food, reading to her, telling her about my missions when she's been asleep, reminding her I love her and our date I have planned. Training, Playing her songs on my guitar, and falling asleep next to her bed side.

I missed her. And I yearned for the day that she wakes up.

But as the days dragged by.... I had the intrusive thought that... she never would.

I kept a happy smile on for my brothers, I trained twice as hard, and made sure that I remembered I wasn't alone.
I wasn't just a leader,

I was Leonardo.

And I was part of a team.

But I couldn't let what had happened to y/n happened again. I had learned.
My selfishness and desire to be the hero almost killed the person I love the most.

I have regrets but the past is the past.

Your judge of character is what you do to change the future.

Though, seeing her beautiful face and body being hooked up to machines... doesn't help me move on... but I'm trying.

Just as I know she's trying to wake up.

"Whadupp Leo?" Mikey cooed.

"Hey Mikey," I smiled as I placed the food in the bowl.

"Whatcha making for sleeping beauty today?" He asked with curiosity.

"Ramen. I had it with y/n once while binging space hero's. She loved it." I brought the bowl to y/ns room where she stayed asleep; replacing the old food with new ones.

"Do you think todays the day?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I can hope but..." I looked at her sleeping face, "I won't get my hopes up."

Mikey frowned,"we're all going to sleep, you should get some rest too you know."

I chuckled, "nah, I still have to train. I will in a bit."

"Okay... goodnight Leo." Mikey forced a grin as he gave me a side hug and walked to his bedroom.

It was obvious he was concerned for me.
All my brothers were.

But it's the only thing I can think of to bring peace of mind that I'm doing all I can for her.

I smiled and gazed at her gorgeous skin and h/c hair that laid out on the pillow from under her. And her perfect body that I wish I could hug and cuddle... I miss her.

I moved her hair back from out of her face and kissed her forehead.
"I love you..." I chuckled, "sleeping beauty."

I quietly closed her door and moved to the dojo where I sat down under the tree and breathed.

This time at night was when I would meditate. A way to clear my mind of the trauma that I had experienced over the past year. I started to do it when y/n fell to a coma. To take care of myself like she recommended.
It makes it easier to control my emotions so they don't stay bottled up.
Though the ptsd didn't always make it easy...
The flashing intrusive thoughts. The anxiety and night terrors... I couldn't escape them but I could make them manageable.

I imagined my safe place.
A felid, out in the open without anyone to see me but her.
I didn't want anyone to see me but her.
She reached out her hand and smiled as she pecked my shoulder and gave me a hug. She would whisper that everything's as alright. We would lay down and watch the stars as they would dance around the sky and stare at the stars in her eyes.

"Leo.."
I smiled.

"Hi y/n"

I snapped back to reality and quickly got up.
"Y/n?!"

I ran out of the dojo so fast I slid and nocked into furniture. I got up and slides and ran across the rooms clumsily.

Raph walked out his room, "dude what are you doing?"

I shoved past him and opened the door to y/ns room.

She Laid there asleep still.

I sighed, and turned my back as Raphael put his hand on my shoulder, "go to sleep man, she wouldn't want you to stay up so late."

"Leo..?"

Me and My firey red brother cocked our heads to her bedroom to see her slowly sitting up.

She hissed in pain and clutched her stomach.

My tears filled my eyes as I smiled the dorkyest smile.

"Y/n.."