Love.

Leos pov:

"NO!"

My body lunged forward as my breathing was uneasy. The memory came flooding back as I saw y/n in tiger claws arms. And Karai... I looked up to see that I was back in the lair. I had been placed in my room with no one else around. I yanked the blanket off of me and ran outside of my room, there stood splinter, my brothers, April, and Casey.
My mind wanted to believe it was all some terrible nightmare. Part of me hoped that when I came out I would see y/n trying to beat Mikey in a video game as a dorky smile would be spread across her perfect lips, or she would be in the kitchen making us both tea as the steam would perfectly caress her face or... just being here. But she wasn't. And that's when reality crushed me, harder than all of my doubts of myself, more than my pressures to be the best, more than my will to find Karai, more than myself.

She was gone.

Because of me.

Tears started to build up in my eyes as I tried to wipe them away along with the longing and grief I now felt.
It was then that everyone noticed I was awake, wide eyes followed with an uncomfortable silence. And I understood it, it was because of me that she was gone, she was right.. they all were. I was selfish.
That's when Raph stood up. His eyes were crazed as he moved his body towards me. I could tell he was mad. Why shouldn't he be? Y/n was gone. And I lost myself in the process.
I was waiting for him to punch me, kick me, slap me something but he stopped. Inches away from me.

And pulled me into a tight embrace. He squeezed my arms as my body and walls I had tried so hard to keep up collapsed. The tears poured out from my eyes as I held onto raph,

"I'm sorry.." I muttered with all the breath I could gather, "she was right you all were. I played hero and tried to do things alone, I tried to prove to myself I deserved to be your leader... but I failed you guys as a ninja, a friend.. and a brother- I'm so-"

my ranting was cut off as everyone gathered around me into a tight embrace.

"It's okay... we're going to fix this, this time together." Raph responded in an unusually calm and comforting tone.

"You aren't alone my son.." splinter responded, "but right now.." he pulled away, "y/n is, and it's unlikely she will survive if we don't save her.

All of us looked at splinter knowing he was right we all looked each other and nodded.

We all gathered in Donnies lab trying to create a plan.

"What was on that file Leo? What info did it have?"

I took a breath as I started to explain what I read, the "WM" that was injected into y/n as an infant. How her mother was involved with the foot and how she had taken y/n and injected with something made her forget everything.

I wasn't sure how they would all take the information but they all used it how they wanted to, Donnie tried to use it to his advantage typing through different files from shredders he could find with a computer whilst the rest of us created a plan.

//

"It isn't fool proof but we don't have much time, everyone remember their part?" April concluded.

We all nodded, "team gear up." I ordered as we split up.

I ran to my room grabbing the file, stuffing it into my belt and grabbing my katanas. I stuffed my pouch with smoke bombs and stuffed a grappling hook into my belt. I was about to leave till something caught my eye. I noticed a blue sweatshirt on my floor.

Picking it up I noticed the space hero design to be the same hoodie I gave y/n on her first day here. As I was about to place it back papers fell out from the pocket. I didn't want to be nosey till I saw my name and instinctively opened the papers.

A gasp escaped my throat as I saw maybe five drawing of.. me. Some were fully colored in others just sketched but they all looked so good but not only that but there passion behind each stroke of the pencil. There were hearts sometimes around the drawings with her signature on the bottom right.
A smile crept my lips as the similar longing came back that I tried to stuff down, but now accompanied by something else.. a warm feeling. That rose to my cheeks as I hugged the papers. The same feeling I felt when I noticed her starring up my my eyes, the same feeling I had when I taught her to meditate, the same feeling I had when I took her to the roof to watch the stars, the same feeling I had when I found out shredder was after her, the same feeling when I saw her fight for the first time, the same feeling I had when I saw her get taken away from me. The same warm fluffy feeling I've had for her sense the beginning...

Love.

I hugged the papers as I sat them down and turned to my door.

You saved me y/n. Now it's my turn to save you.