Prolouge (Meeting Betty)

"Huh?"

Subaru quietly groans as his vision unblurs.

"..I don't know this ceiling"

Realizing he was laying in the bed, Subaru takes a couple seconds to examine the ceiling. Painted white, with big square golden designs making a pattern, the ceiling's royal design did not let down. Groggy, Subaru slowly sits up and looks around the room. With no one else in the room accompanying him, he was more than likely confused as to where he is. He opened the buttoned pajama shirt he wore to see if there were any scars or signs of the cut he received thanks to Elsa's skill with her blades. "The wound on my stomach is gone.." The previous day, Subaru only remembers the enemy he was fighting, but he wasn't sure who he was fighting with. Subaru looks toward the door after buttoning up his shirt. 'At least I better figure out where I am' He thinks to himself as he grabs the door knob and gives it a turn.

Subaru steps out into a hallway. From the looks of it, he was without a doubt either within a mansion or a finely reserved hotel. The hallway extended with red carpet, the walls were painted a tan-like beige, along with many doors and paintings on the wall. Subaru begins to walk down the very long hallway for about 40 seconds, until he realizes that he has been walking down one direction in the hallway for an absurd amount of time. Looking at the painting near him, he recognizes it as the one he first saw when he stepped out of the room he woke up in. "A looping hallway huh? Talk about a fantasy world." Subaru speaks to himself as he makes his way to the door parallel from the one he was staying in. "Time to see what lays behind this mysterious door!" Subaru says to himself, swinging the door open. To his surprise, he comes across a girl sitting at a chair facing directly at the door. Subaru examined her, she had bright yellow hair, a dress that was mixed with colors crimson, purple, yellow, and white. Of course he could not have missed the way the girl had her hair tied into drills half the size of her body

Along with her monotone expression, Subaru didn't know if he should have been fearful of her stern expression or die out in laughter at such an irritated child's face

Along with her monotone expression, Subaru didn't know if he should have been fearful of her stern expression or die out in laughter at such an irritated child's face. Both of those wonderings were turned down however when the girl spoke "What a profoundly aggravating man you are, I suppose". Subaru was taken aback by her words. Not has he even spoken a word directly toward her and she launches at him with verbal attacks. This doesn't change the fact in Subaru's mind that she's only a child though. Not knowing how he has gotten to where he is at right now, and having blurry memories of who with and why he was fighting Elsa at the loot house the previous night, Subaru proceeds speaking with caution. "Uh.. You wouldn't happen to know where I am right now would you?" Seeing the girl's attire, she was probably someone of high power within this other world's governing system, if there even is one at that. However, if it comes to her just being a silly role-player that dresses up for the occasion, the respect he gives toward her without throwing insults at her wont be of any loss toward Subaru. "You're in the forbidden library, I suppose. And it seems like you have no idea what forbidden means!" Shouts the girl toward Subaru. He looks around the library as his respective mood warps a little. "Cool! Do you have manga in here?" Subaru starts walking up to the bookshelves and observes the books, none seeming to have any titles of any sort of graphic novels. "Huh, these mangas are about curses? What type of manga is this?!". The girl looks in the direction Subaru went toward. "Don't touch Betty's books, I suppose!" Subaru looks back at her with a small smirk on his face. "Your name is Betty?" The girl looked back at the boy with a pouty face. "It's very rude to come in my chamber and start asking many questions without a proper greeting, I suppose." The girl spoke with small signs of aggravation in her tone. Subaru scratches his cheek and turns to face her. With small energy left in him, he performs his legendary pose. His finger pointed at the stars and beyond, Subaru exclaims "My Name is Subaru Natsuki! And yours?" The girl looked more frustrated. "Beatrice, I suppose. I also don't like annoying men walking into my chamber! Get rid of that goofy pose!" Subaru broke out of his pose, almost loosing balance. He leans downward to get to the level of the sitting loli. He says to her "And you should probably get rid of that goofy outfit you have on!" Subaru had no fear of the girl yet, but his outlook would soon change. Beatrice put her hand on Subaru's chest. Subaru looked down at the hand placed gently on his chest as he blushed. "Wh-what are y-" Before Subaru could even finish his sentence, his entire body felt like it was melting. He screaming in pain as he was quick to fall to the ground and roll around, until he passed out. Beatrice looked down at the knocked out Subaru and whispered to herself, "What an aggravating and rude man, I suppose."