Chapter 2: Biting the Dust

With birds chirping out in the sunny day, Subaru wakes up to the familiar ceiling once again.

The boy steps out of bed and exits the room, changing into his new uniform. As he changes, Subaru thinks about all the events that led up to this point in time.

With Subaru suddenly being transported to a new world, he was surprisingly quick to die. With the bag of convenient store snacks in his hand, he wandered around just like any lost boy would.

As he stepped into an alleyway, he was approached by 3 men coming up behind him.

"Watcha goin' on and on about?"

"If you don't wanna get hurt, then cough up whatever you've got!"

He heard a voice behind him ask. By the tone of his voice, Subaru was safe to assume that he was being threatened. He peeked behind him to see 3 men, or was there 2? There was a built man who looked weird, another man who had a choker on and what looked like eyeliner.

Then there was a short boy, who had a bowl cut and really looked like he was cosplaying as an acorn.

He whipped around as he felt a pain in his chest. As he looked down, there was a knife in his chest. He collapsed and started bleeding out. The men were yelling as his hearing went out.

"You stabbed him?!". His vision fading out, Subaru accepted his quick and pathetic death.

He awoke talking to one of the stand vendors. "I don't want broke customers, so get out of here!" The man yelled at him in frustration, as Subaru was shaking, trying to understand what happened.

"Wasn't I just stabbed? It definitely wasn't an illusion or dream, I felt it!" He thought to himself.

"Hey!" He heard a voice scream behind him. Turning around, he saw a girl with silver hair with a panicked look on her face.

He also saw a girl with short blonde hair, running in the opposite direction. Subaru started running after the girl, wanting to see what happened. From there, he met Felt, Rom, and Emilia. That led up to fight between them and Elsa in the loot house.

Subaru, finally reconciling his thoughts and getting changed, gets started on his daily tasks with Ram. Making his way down to the courtyard at the front of the mansion, he meets up with Ram and Rem, getting started on the yard work.

While Subaru was talking to the girls during his work, he noticed that Rem seemed to act very neutral towards him, almost as if she doesn't like him. She constantly was glaring at him during his work.

Confused by the sudden attitude, he speaks.

"Hey Rem, could you stop looking at me like that? It's uncomfortable when you stare."

He looks over at the glaring Rem.

Ram perks up, hearing Subaru. "The reason that you are looking at Barusu is because his hair is an eyesore, is that correct Rem?" Rem looks back at her sister, with a pause before her response "Yes, that would be correct." Ram looks back at Subaru.

"I pointed that out last night as well.". Subaru strokes his hair as "It really looks that bad? I thought I did a pretty good job cutting it myself..." He mutters while forming a sweat. They continue working.

"Also, I have a favor to ask of you." Subaru tells Ram. "Pervert." She quickly responds. With a flushed face, Subaru points out "You didn't even let me finish!".

He continues. "I actually wanted to go to the village, I've never seen it before so I think it would be a fun trip!" The village, being not too far away from the mansion, sells goods for a decent price.