Chapter 7: A Day in The Capital

Discord server link at the end of chapter!
-------------------------------------

"Subaru! Ram! I want to invite you guys along with me to capital!" Ram looked over at Emilia. "What for?" She questions, tilting her head. "For the royal selection. I want you guys to accompany me!" Subaru also gets confused. "Wait, royal selection?" Emilia quickly responds "I'll explain it to you later. You wanting to come or not?" Subaru shrugs his shoulders "Sure! I'll go along!" Emilia smiles. "Great! Let's get going now! Lord Roswaal will be accompanying us along the way to! Hes someone important to the royal selection" Subaru nods and give Emilia a thumbs up. Puck emerges and gives a thumbs up back at him. Emilia exits the room as Ram turns back to Subaru. "As for your stupid 'bet' I will accept it" she says to him. "Let's get going now! We have a lot to do!" Subauru smiles.

"Yeah"

Exiting the mansion to a dark and gloomy night, the two approach the dragon-drawn carriage. Inside are Emilia,and the driver of the carriage. Ram jumps in with the Emilia and she puts her stuff along with Subaru's next to her seat. "Oh my! It seems like theres no more room for Barusu to sit" she looks at Subaru smirking. Subaru want to say something but instead rolls his eyes at the ordeal as he walks up to the driver. Wearing a green outfit and hat, having silver hair and blue eyes, and an innocent and cheery face, he looks at Subaru.

 Wearing a green outfit and hat, having silver hair and blue eyes, and an innocent and cheery face, he looks at Subaru

"Oh- hello Mr. Natsuki Subaru I'm guessing?" The boy says down at Subaru. "Yes, I'm Subaru! I was wondering if I could take that passenger seat since the carriage is full" the boy nods "Of course you can! Hop on in!" Subaru walks around the carriage, suprised to see Beatrice at the other side. "Stop right there, I suppose. I came to make an offer with you" Subaru looks down at her. "Yo Beako! What is it?" She starts "I want to form a permanent contract with you. This will split you some of my magic and you will be able to perform some of my impressive moves I suppose." Subaru hears this and gets pumped up. "Hell yeah Beako!" She gets aggravated. "Then come on then I suppose!!" She grabs his hand and Subaru starts to feel mana flow into his body. Beatrice states her contract line and completes it. Subaru shouts in excitement as he asks "When will I be able to use these abilities?" Subaru asks her. "That will be in a weeks time, I suppose" Subaru squints his eyes at her. "That's like ordering something you really want from the internet and having to wait an entire week for it to arrive" Subaru groans. Beatrice starts making her way back to the mansion. "You'll thank me later, I suppose. Also, if you're ever in danger, the magic I gave you connects to me so I'll be able to receive any signals. I'll use my door crossing to get to you if needed I suppose." She states, while finally entering the mansion once again. Subaru looks back at the driver. "My bad, I'll be getting in now" Subaru climbs up onto the passenger's seat as the boy whips the Dragon to start walking forward. "Also, what's your name?" Subaru asks the driver. "Oh, mine? Otto, Otto Suwen! It's nice to meet you Mr. Natsuki!"

The dragon travels at a high speed toward their destination. Subaru turns back to speak to everyone in the carriage. "So what is this royal selection Emilia?" Emilia responds. "A while back, the king and his family went into hiding. People called the council of wise men now rule Lugunica while the dragon is in the process of selecting a new ruler. I am a candidate for 42nd ruler of the Kingdom of Luginica!" Subaru's eyes widen. "Wow! That's amazing Emilia! Who are the other candidates?" Emilia smiles gently. " You will meet them when we arrive at royal capital." Subaru becomes even more pumped as Ram speaks. "You really are stupid Barusu. Not even knowing what the royal selection is, truly useless indeed." Subaru rolls his eyes. "Oh would you shut up already Ram!" Ram smiles "I'm just being honest."