Chapter 12: Theresia Van Astrea's Requiem

The three whales fly through the night sky. Looking up, Subaru's eyes widen. "Huh? How did it-?!" He was interrupted by Ram casting her spell. "El Fura!" Shooting the gust of wind at one of the whales. With the attack hitting the whale, it cried as waves of blood rain. "It seems that it's now weaker now that it's split up?" Subaru gets blood on his face, as he acted as an umbrella for Ram and Beatrice. Both of them smirk and scoff. Subaru's face turns red as he looks away from them embarrassed.

"Al Clarista!" Julius casts his magic as his sword shoots multiple beams of light at same whale Ram hit. The whale rained more blood after taking the hit. Subaru was sure it had gotten weaker this time considering that it split to three. Subaru turns back to the knights with him. Raising his fist, he yells. "We can't give up now! We've gone way too far to even consider it!". The knights, even though fear was engraved in them, still shouted with a cheer. Ram holds Subaru close to her and rests her chin on his shoulder. Subaru smiles while blushing. Julius rides up to him. "I would agree however how do you think we will kill all three of them?" Subaru seeing the whale they attacked still spurting out with blood, he says. "Looking at Ram's wind magic and your magic it seems that it has became weaker." Julius nods. "I can tell, but what good will that do when we have to kill all three of them?" Subaru examines the whales. He notices however that one of them is extremely high in the air, staying a noticeable distance from the other whales fighting the knights. "I think I have an idea. Look up. That one has to be the original one, it's all the way up there while it's two doubles are doing all the fighting for him. If we can take that one out, I think it would take all the other two out as well." Subaru looks back down at Julius as he shows a confused look on his face. "And how do you intend to get that thing down here?" Subaru nods as he dismounts from his land dragon and grabs Beatrice's hand. She squints her eyes as she dismounts. Subaru walks a short distance to get some room as he looks up and then back down at Beatrice. Knowing what his plans were, she responds. "Fine, I suppose."

Subaru looks over at Ram. "Ram, can you use your wind magic to send me far up into the air?" Ram rolls her eyes at his statement. Knowing the effects of the wind magic, she responds. "That's far too reckless of an idea, even for you Barusu." Subaru rolls his eyes. Looking over to Julius, and states his plan. "If I amplify my witch's scent while on that beast then jump off, it would then follow me down. Once it's low enough, you guys knock down Flugel's Tree in it's direction. If all goes according to plan and the tree falls down on the whale, it would almost certainly die." Julius takes surprise as he responds "That's an insane idea." Subaru sharply states, "Hey, we're already insane for taking on it in the first place! What's a little more crazy going to do?" Subaru says. He looks over to Ram and yells in his head, "Murak!" Subaru feels lighter as Beatrice applies the same effect to herself. "Hey Ram, want me to tell everyone what you did last ni-" Before Subaru could even finish his sentence Ram yells "EL FURA!" Sending Subaru and Beatrice flying into the sky with incredible speed. Subaru and Beatrice share a small chuckle as they fly through the sky.

"We are getting close, I suppose!" Beatrice tells Subaru as they get close to approaching the white whale that is highest. Beatrice applies a heavy effect on the two as they safely land on the whale's back. "Hey, big guy! Now that I see you up close, you really are a creepy, weird looking thing." Subaru pats it on the back as it looks up at him with red eyes. "Try to keep up with me, and in case you hadn't heard, I'm infamous for being so annoying that it's impossible for anyone to ignore me! Okay, let's get this started!" Beatrice sends a couple mana shards toward its eye, hitting it. The whale cries as Subaru jumps off, facing up at it while Beatrice follows suit. "I'm doing you a huge favor okay? So listen up! It's because of you that I, Ram, and Beako die-!" Subaru sees the familiar clouds of darkness engulfing him again, he's relieved that what he said actually worked. "Yes! It activated! I achieved it!" He thinks to himself as everything fades back to normal. The whale cried once again as it follow's Subaru down. Beatrice covers her nose falling above him. "I should have been the one to jump off first, I suppose. Now I have to deal with this stentch!" Subaru rolls his eyes. "Can you at least cut me some slack?" They continue to bring the white whale down with them.