Chapter 20: Our Voyage Begins

Julius turns his back as he starts to walk back toward the guard station. Subaru walked back to the group of 5, waiting for him. Giving a comforting smile to everyone, he says. “Come on everyone, we only have a day to prepare!” Emilia shined with a smile. “I have an idea! How about we all get new outfits?” Subaru looks at her with excitement.

“No thank you Miss Emilia.”
“Sure!”

Subaru looked at the twins mid-sentence as Beatrice then spoke.  “Betty doesn’t need a new outfit I suppose.” Subaru groans.  “You too Beako?! Why not guys, it could be nice” Rem responds with a small smile. “The uniforms me and my sister wear are all that we need.” Emilia spoke from the group, reassuring Rem. “Remember Rem, we’re going on a voyage, you don’t want your clothes to get messy!” Emilia pointed at her as she spoke.
Bowing down, she responds. “If you insist… Miss Emilia.”  “If Rem agrees then I have no choice.” Ram went along with her sister as Emilia nodded. Subaru gave Emilia a thumbs up, turning to Beatrice.  “Yes! What about you Beako?” Beatrice scoffs as usual. “I’ll pass, I suppose.” Subaru, although disappointed, went along with her decision. Frederica then spoke, nodding. “Sure, it would be nice to get a refreshing outfit!”

“By the way you two, you guys don’t need to refer to me as Miss Emilia anymore.” The group were on their way to the clothing section of the capital, as Emilia was speaking to the two sisters. “What for?” Ram asks. Emilia had a flashback to the explosion they encountered when they initially left the mansion, seeing it seemingly explode in the background. “We have detached ourselves as Roswaal’s workers, so there’s no need to be so formal.”
Ram looked down with a small shred of sadness as Rem nodded with a worried expression. “I wonder what are we going to do now that we have left where we have left forever?” Subaru looked back at Rem after those words. “I’ll find a way to asses that… We can buy a mansion of our own once we claim the Witch Cult’s assassination, where we can all live peacefully with no threats.” Rem looked back at Subaru with a blush on her face. “S-Subaru-sama! That would be very nice!” Subaru smiled. “I’ll make it happen…

No matter what.”

After about an hour at the clothes stand, Subaru leads the group somewhere. “Where are you taking us, I suppose?” Asks Beatrice. Subaru responds without looking back. “The motel.” Frederica looked at Subaru confused. “A motel? Wh-“ Subaru interrupts her. “It’s going to be for one night, so at least we will have a bed to sleep on peacefully for one more day.” Subaru responds as Frederica blushed a little at his response.

“Two 2-bed rooms, and one 1-bed room please!” Subaru said, dropping a bag of coins for the day’s stay. The cashier smiles. “Have a good rest, folks!” Subaru then leads everyone to their rooms. Subaru and Ram would be sharing a room (obviously), Rem and Beatrice will be sharing a room, and Emilia once again will be having her own. “Emilia, is it alright that you will be sleeping by yourself once again? Are you sure you don’t want me to take that room?”

Emilia smiles back at Rem. “No worries, I’ll be alright!” Beatrice squints her eyes. “I guess I’ll spend the night with her, I suppose.” Beatrice crosses her arms as Rem smiles at her. “Thank you, Miss Beatrice” Rem bows as they proceed into their rooms.
Subaru sets his new clothes down as Ram does the same on her bed. “Barusu, I would like to see your new choice of clothing!” Ram put her hands together with a small smirk as Subaru nodded. “You want me to head to the other room or-“ Ram interrupts him. “Barusu, don’t be stupid, I’m not a pervert.” Subaru rolled his eyes as he looked at her nervously.
Subaru sighed as he started by removing his tracksuit. Ram observed him while doing this, as Subaru noticed. “What a hypocrite.” Subaru then slowly removes his shirt with his back turned. Ram’s face turned slightly red, seeing Subaru’s decently built body.