Chapter 9: The Witch Cult

"We meet again, Miss Emilia."

Emilia stood in fear as she saw the figure in the alleyway slowly get up. The purple light glimmered from their forehead as they started walking toward her. Emilia started to step back slowly as suddenly the mood of the person who was confronting her suddenly changed. "My, your name is Miss Emilia I take it?" Stepping out of the alleyway, a blue haired girl with longish hair and a different outfit appeared in front of her. "Uh..." Emilia did not know what to say at the presence. "No need to fear, I'm not here to hurt you my friend! Let us take a roll through this fine city." The girl signaled Emilia to follow her. Emilia not seeing any signs of malice, even after the strange greeting, started walking with her. "I am sorry if I had a strange greeting back there, I'm on edge." She started. Emilia looked at the girl, slightly uneased. "How did you know my name?" She asked. "Well, isn't that solemnly obvious? The royal selection!" Emilia eased her nervousness. "What did you mean by 'we meet again'?" She asked again. The blue haired girl looked at her. "A long time ago, you helped me retrieve my stolen item." Emilia now was comfortable with this person. "I see, I'm glad you're doing well then!" Emilia smiles.

Subaru and Ram bid farewell to Beatrice. Subaru making a promise to Beatrice to see her for magic training when they got back to the mansion. Subaru greets Otto as they get in the carriage. "Are you ready to head back now Mr. Natsuki?" He asks. "Yes Otto, I'll be tipping you this time!" Subaru exclaims with a thumbs up. Otto smiles. "Thank you, Mr. Natsuki!" They start riding to the mansion. With the chilly day, Ram cuddled close to Subaru. "I hate the cold" Ram said with a frustrated tone. Subaru smiles as he pulls out a blanket from his luggage. "Here Ram, come under here with me." The two cuddle underneath the blanket as Ram quickly passes out. Subaru smiles and blushes as he too starts to get sleepy.

 Subaru smiles and blushes as he too starts to get sleepy

(Image Credits: Madzela)

"Anyways" the blue haired girl started. "I want to know, where do you live?" Emilia hesitates to answer this question, but she replies. "About 12 hours away from the capital. I live in a mansion.." Emilia stops herself there. "I see, that is very nice my dear, I'm glad you're doing well for yourself!" She says with a overly happy tone. "By the way... What's that odd glowing stone on your forehead?"

Awakening during sunset and almost upon arriving at the mansion, Subaru awakens due to the noticeable drop in temperature. Surprisingly, Ram awoke at the same time as he did. "It feels a bit colder than normal, doesn't it Ram?"

"It does actually."

Subaru squints his eyes as he senses a bad feeling. "I hope nothing bad has happened at the mansion."

"Due to Lord Roswaal's abilities, I'm sure we'll be fine."

Otto pulls up to the mansion. However, at the entrance, there were multiple people. Many of them looked to have the same cloak on, with black and red colors, each one of them having the hood pulled up except for one, ho had green hair and a red and black cap.